The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lúcio
I was having a think and as disappointing as this season was, we had some cracking matches didn't we?

4-1/3-0 against City, 3-1 at Chelsea, 5-4 against Norwich, and of course the 4-3 against Dortmund at Anfield.

We may not have anything sizeable to show for it but we've really made our mark in some games this season. The Dortmund match is certainly European game of the year.

6-1 against Southampton (League Cup)
4-0 against Everton
3-3 against Arsenal
2-0 against Man Utd (Europa League)
3-0 against Villarreal (Europa League)

There have been some good highlights this season. Hard to look past the appointment of "the normal one" :colondollar:
That Arsenal game at Anfield was probably my PL game of the year even though we didn't win it, was on holiday in HK at the time and I was going nuts at 4am in my hotel room lol.
(edited 7 years ago)
[video="youtube;GbcMTIN-PSI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbcMTIN-PSI[/video]
Karius is gorgeous, to be honest.
Original post by Mackay
Karius is gorgeous, to be honest.

If he's half a good goalie as he is good looking then I'll be incredibly happy.
I'm quite gutted about the Gotze saga in all honesty. I was really optimistic and I thought Klopp could persuade him to come to Anfield. I guess it's fair enough for Gotze to stay and fight for his place at Bayern, at least he's guaranteed trophies there and they are in the CL too.
Reply 7806
Original post by Lúcio
I was having a think and as disappointing as this season was, we had some cracking matches didn't we?

4-1/3-0 against City, 3-1 at Chelsea, 5-4 against Norwich, and of course the 4-3 against Dortmund at Anfield.

We may not have anything sizeable to show for it but we've really made our mark in some games this season. The Dortmund match is certainly European game of the year.

Bayern vs Juventus is.
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Bayern vs Juventus is.

Nope
Original post by The.Joker
I'm quite gutted about the Gotze saga in all honesty. I was really optimistic and I thought Klopp could persuade him to come to Anfield. I guess it's fair enough for Gotze to stay and fight for his place at Bayern, at least he's guaranteed trophies there and they are in the CL too.

I still think it is a long way from being over. There was a lot of paper talk that Ancelotti told Gotze that he won't get much game time.

Just because a player doesn't want to leave doesn't mean a club won't force him out.
Original post by Zerforax
I still think it is a long way from being over. There was a lot of paper talk that Ancelotti told Gotze that he won't get much game time.

Just because a player doesn't want to leave doesn't mean a club won't force him out.

I guess I'm just expecting the worst as I don't want my hopes to be crushed like the Sanchez transfer in 2014. Maybe Gotze wants to wait till after the Euros to fully decide his future/talk to Ancelotti further about his plans. Or he might be waiting for offers from other clubs who are in the CL. Apparently we agreed £23.8 million with Bayern but Gotze doesn't want to come, I'm not sure if that's actually genuine or just a BS rumour.
I guess I'm just expecting the worst as I don't want my hopes to be crushed like the Sanchez transfer in 2014. Maybe Gotze wants to wait till after the Euros to fully decide his future/talk to Ancelotti further about his plans. Or he might be waiting for offers from other clubs who are in the CL. Apparently we agreed £23.8 million with Bayern but Gotze doesn't want to come, I'm not sure if that's actually genuine or just a BS rumour.

I think the difference is that Sanchez was a must that summer and missing that signing cost us heavily. Whereas Gotze, in my opinion, is a nice luxury who will improve our squad but we'll still function without him.

Well why wouldn't Bayern accept a 30mil euro bid for a player they don't really seem to care about and who could leave on a free next summer?

I'm sure a few other English clubs will try for him this summer. Not that many stellar names to go around but plenty of cash.
Reply 7811
Original post by Lúcio
Nope

Two comebacks from 2 goals behind in both legs, including a 90th min equaliser.

It easily is european game of the year.
Two comebacks from 2 goals behind in both legs, including a 90th min equaliser.

It easily is european game of the year.

Are you trolling?

We came back from 3-1 down to win 4-3 in the 91st minute against the best team in the competition hands down.

There's no contest.
Reply 7813
Original post by Lúcio
Are you trolling?

We came back from 3-1 down to win 4-3 in the 91st minute against the best team in the competition hands down.

There's no contest.

2 2 goal comebacks in the Juventus vs Bayern game.

You are allowed to admit that there is football outside of Merseyside.
(edited 7 years ago)
2 2 goal comebacks in the Juventus vs Bayern game.

You are allowed to admit that there is football outside of Merseyside.

I don't deny at all that they were both great games; I watched them and they were definitely among the best this season.

However I will not waver from the Liverpool-Dortmund match being game of the year.
Maybe that's the own bias, but it's also my own opinion.
That Lovren winner in stoppage time... :coma: :moon:
Yeah, Liverpool vs Dortmund was the best game I saw all season. Unreal.

The best PL match - contrary to the belief Leicester beating City was - was probably Chelsea 2-2 Tottenham. Really enjoyed that.
Anyone heard of Yacine Brahimi? Rumours have it that Liverpool are happy to meet his 45m release clause. Don't know much about him tbh.
Original post by Federerr
Anyone heard of Yacine Brahimi? Rumours have it that Liverpool are happy to meet his 45m release clause. Don't know much about him tbh.

Yeah I've seen that rumour floating around too, I'm not sure if it's just paper talk or if he's a genuine target.
Yeah I've seen that rumour floating around too, I'm not sure if it's just paper talk or if he's a genuine target.

True. Most people saying 45m for an unknown 26yr old isn't worth it lol.

Latest