The Student Room Group

Edexcel IAL Biology Unit 1 WBI01 May June 2016 Discussion

paper is going to start in few hours we can discuss it here!

Scroll to see replies

are you prepared and what are your topic predictions
Original post by Hellper
are you prepared and what are your topic predictions

I'm prepared this time I'm pretty sure they are going to throw new sh*t and yes i guess most of the ppr will be from genes dna stuff etc
Reply 3
Original post by MrBioBombastic
paper is going to start in few hours we can discuss it here!

How was the paper? i found it easy. What did u write as to why high intake of milk causes deaths?
I said it can lead to type 2 diabetics and CVD. I wasn't to sure about the CVD. And at the back of my mind i thought there are some people who die of lactose intolerance!
Original post by Sunethra
How was the paper? i found it easy. What did u write as to why high intake of milk causes deaths?
I said it can lead to type 2 diabetics and CVD. I wasn't to sure about the CVD. And at the back of my mind i thought there are some people who die of lactose intolerance!

I wrote it increase weight and BMI and blood pressure also increases so higher risk of CVD
I found the paper really easy !
And in one mcq whi were heteozygous ? P and Q??
Reply 7
I wrote it increase weight and BMI and blood pressure also increases so higher risk of CVD

I asked my brother who is a doctor in medicine and he tells me that lactose is not related to CVD. He tells me that there are some people who die from lactose intolerance if the condition is sever.
Reply 8
And in one mcq whi were heteozygous ? P and Q??

Its P and Q. and wht did u get for the initial value? I got 0.5. and i also changed 4min to seconds.
I asked my brother who is a doctor in medicine and he tells me that lactose is not related to CVD. He tells me that there are some people who die from lactose intolerance if the condition is sever.

It increases weight bmi i guess
I wrote diabetes and yes my answer was 0.5 as well. The paper was really easy tbh.
0.5 with what units?

Lactose doesn't increase but increase in mass increases CVD risk that's obvious
What u guys wrote how glucose move in to liver cell was it was written protein channels are used ? Btw i wrote diffusion
What u guys wrote how glucose move in to liver cell was it was written protein channels are used ? Btw i wrote diffusion

i wrote facilated diffusion.
Reply 15

Main points i got
-Facilitated diffusion
-carrier proteins
-down a cocn. gradient (given but mentioned it as an explanation)
Original post by Haddar
Main points i got
-Facilitated diffusion
-carrier proteins

I wrote facilated instead of facilitated😳Do you think they'll deduct marks for that? It was not a QWC question.
that exam went so badly for me!!!!
facillated diffusion is correct btw ive lost over all 5 marks uptill now still can I get an A
Original post by Haddar
Main points i got
-Facilitated diffusion
-carrier proteins

I'm going to loose 1 mark there as I didn't write facillated but I will get 1 for writing down conc gradient right?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending