The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

What OU course would be required?

Hi.
So today I have two questions I don't know if anybody can help me out with them..?

1)
So I'm looking to go to Sussex uni, and using the OU (open university) to gain the right requirements to get in,
Question: using the "
access to HE Diploma"
would I have to do the
"Diplomas of higher education"
Or the
"Certificates of higher education"
Obviously I want to do the certificate as its half the time... And i believe it will give me enough points to get in, although it doesn't say dipoma like it requests on sussexs website.
image.jpg
Attachment not found

Question 2)
At the top of Sussex website it says A-levels requirements... Although I guess this won't be valid for me due to using the access to gain entry, although I'd rather check to be safe, because it won't allow you to close it like the others...
Attachment not found

Thanks for your help.
Original post by irdanknight
Hi.
So today I have two questions I don't know if anybody can help me out with them..?

1)
So I'm looking to go to Sussex uni, and using the OU (open university) to gain the right requirements to get in,
Question: using the "
access to HE Diploma"
would I have to do the
"Diplomas of higher education"
Or the
"Certificates of higher education"
Obviously I want to do the certificate as its half the time... And i believe it will give me enough points to get in, although it doesn't say dipoma like it requests on sussexs website.
image.jpg
Attachment not found

Question 2)
At the top of Sussex website it says A-levels requirements... Although I guess this won't be valid for me due to using the access to gain entry, although I'd rather check to be safe, because it won't allow you to close it like the others...
Attachment not found

Thanks for your help.

I think you might be confusing qualifications

Access to HE diploma is taken instead of the usual NVQ level 3 qualifications - it's there to allow you to start HE without the usual level 3 qualifications (e.g. A levels)

a Certificate of HE is a HE qualification at NVQ level 4... it's equivalent to the first year of a bachelors degree

a Diploma of HE is a HE qualification at NVQ level 5... equivalent to the first two years of a bachelors degree.

a bachelors degree (BA, BSc etc) is a HE qualification at NVQ level 6

---
Sussex might let you to year 2 of a bachelors degree in with an OU Certificate of HE - you'd have to ring them.
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 2
I study International Business at Sussex. I'm going in to second year and got in using my OU qualifications. I'm 23 in two weeks and don't have any A levels. I have a Foundation degree in Business from the OU and the Certificate of Higher education Open. They gave me unconditional offers last year for several business degrees but although I requested to join from second year they offered me these places starting from first year. I spoke to my boss at work and accepted a place. This year I worked for my employer part time and did the first year. It's been ridiculously easy but I'm second year now so hopefully it'll ramp up. Sussex will consider offers on your CV, work experience and other factors as well as qualifications. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending