The Student Room Group

Subjects you're going to miss doing

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jamierogers21
I'll definitely miss RS, actually learnt a lot and had a great teacher. I really enjoyed the exams as well:colondollar:

What does the abbreviation RS mean? did you drop this subject after GCSE and why?
Original post by Kallisto
What does the abbreviation RS mean? did you drop this subject after GCSE and why?

Religious Studies and I have finished my exams for this subject and plan on dropping it in September. I'm dropping it as there are many other subjects which I prefer and are more relatable to my career aspirations.
Original post by oniisanitstoobig
I'm going to miss doing physics to be honest (though I probably will take theoretical physics modules if I get a chance). Unfortunately physics seems to be one of the most mentioned subjects on the other thread. :frown:

Original post by aamirac
I miss computing:

Original post by TomH1
Chemistry, Physics, IT

Trust me, no you don't. Well physics won't be as bad as it was for other years because ISA's have ****ed off. Unless you're school cheated (like most schools in North london but unfortunately not ours), you'd find it difficult to get a good grade in it. I got 37/50 in one of the ISA past papers.... it was an E.
But A2 physics still has the optional units which are bs.

Computing is just too much work too. I liked it at GCSE but dropped it for a levels. My friends had to write 110 pages of coursework in a week. Your experience varies depending on if your teacher is actually qualified to teach computer science. Cause our school just hired IT teachers who were worse at coding than some of my friends. Same with a few other schools.

As for chemistry i just found it boring
(edited 7 years ago)
Religious Studies and I have finished my exams for this subject and plan on dropping it in September. I'm dropping it as there are many other subjects which I prefer and are more relatable to my career aspirations.

I see. And what kind of career are you aiming for yourself? I guess it has nothing to do with religion.
Original post by Kallisto
I see. And what kind of career are you aiming for yourself? I guess it has nothing to do with religion.

Something science-related. Not really too sure what, I keep changing my mind. What about yourself?
Something science-related. Not really too sure what, I keep changing my mind. What about yourself?

I am out of my school days now. Have not regretted my choices till the end of my exams, except Latin. In retrospect, French would have been the better choice. Maybe...
Reply 26
English Literature, French, Geography and Computing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
definitely spanish and drama

It's Religious Education, actually. :colonhash:
Original post by penelopecrux
It's Religious Education, actually. :colonhash:

Yours might be but mine isn't, actually.:wink:
Yours might be but mine isn't, actually.:wink:

What exam board did you do? Let me guess...

Spoiler

Original post by penelopecrux
What exam board did you do? Let me guess...

Spoiler

Nope, AQA
Nope, AQA

Oh damn, shutdown. :frown:
Reply 33
Original post by Bulletzone

In answer to your question, none of them as I hated all my teachers.

That anti-climatic comment at the end XD XD XD
Reply 34
I'm also going to miss media for some weird reason.. it was just such a fun subject to mess about in lol
Reply 35
Maths- it is the most logical subject and i like problem-solving through the questions. Oh well
None.
Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music Music

Spoiler

Reply 39
I'm going to miss German. I'm still not sure whether I want to take German or Geography next year as my 4th subject. I'm doing science and maths too.

Quick Reply

Latest