The Student Room Group

A2 AQA Geography GEOG 3 2016

Scroll to see replies

Just wondering- does anyone think waste/transport sustainability and management would come up in either the short questions or the essay?
What are the likely predictions for the Geog 3 tectonics 40 marker this year, I know previous years has been about the prevention/management of them
Original post by Peppercrunch
It's a nightmare learning all the case studies for ecosystems, plate tectonics and world cities.

Why am I doing a degree in geography this September again :colonhash:...

I used to like Geography and once thought about doing a Geography, doing A level geography made me reevaluate my life plans. Medicine it is for me pfft. What do you plan to do once you graduate?
Reply 503
Bit of a strange one but does anyone have a big pack of example questions for each topic on Tectonics/Development? I'm planning on doing the world cities essay and im pretty confident on that but i've seen a lot of predictions for the 25 markers on Tectonics/Development but i cant find any questions on LEDCs, seismic waves etc. so if anyone has any resource packs that contain a bunch of example questions that would be great as its the best way i find to revise!! Please help!!
Hey,

Does anyone have any predictions for:

* Short weather questions- last year was global warming
* Short Development questions- could it be about china's manufacturing industry? even though india's service industry came up last year?

* Short world cities?
* 40 marks world cities?
even though the world cities 40marker was about regeneration schemes last year, could the short questions be about regeneration this year?

thanks!
Hey! Yeah me too :smile: I think I'm going to to do plate tectonics 40 marker unless ecosystems is about tropical (rainforest) as we have done so much on that in class :smile: do you have any predictions on ecosystems and world cities short questions?
Original post by annabelflynn
Hey, don't worry! I've only just started revising too lol but I'm picking it up pretty quickly, as long as the notes are good you should be fine :smile:
I'm doing the same topics as you; which 40 maker are you planning on doing? Definitely possible to wing it when being synoptic

Hey! Yeah me too I think I'm going to to do plate tectonics 40 marker unless ecosystems is about tropical (rainforest) as we have done so much on that in class do you have any predictions on ecosystems and world cities short questions?
Original post by joshnewbs
Hey! Yeah me too :smile: I think I'm going to to do plate tectonics 40 marker unless ecosystems is about tropical (rainforest) as we have done so much on that in class :smile: do you have any predictions on ecosystems and world cities short questions?

I'm prob gonna do ecosystems, I find it a lot easier, especially when being synoptic. I reckon it's likely that the rainforest will come up as it hasn't in quite a while!! There aren't really any new questions they could come up with, so I think they will recycle an old one (hopefully).

I've heard some people think unplanned/planned species introduction or features of the rainforest may come up for ecosystems, and for world cities something to do with sustainability?
Reply 508
It's a nightmare learning all the case studies for ecosystems, plate tectonics and world cities.

Why am I doing a degree in geography this September again :colonhash:...

I'm doing a geog degree too lol like wot have we done 😂
Original post by cmcl
Bit of a strange one but does anyone have a big pack of example questions for each topic on Tectonics/Development? I'm planning on doing the world cities essay and im pretty confident on that but i've seen a lot of predictions for the 25 markers on Tectonics/Development but i cant find any questions on LEDCs, seismic waves etc. so if anyone has any resource packs that contain a bunch of example questions that would be great as its the best way i find to revise!! Please help!!

What's your prediction for 25 markers for tectonics then?
My predictions for short answer tectonics is major extrusive/minor extrusive activity and management strategies of a seismic event using a case study
Reply 511
Original post by annabelflynn
Yeah I'm hoping they'll just re-word the question, cause for things like the rainforest, what else is there to ask??
Defo 100% doing ecosystems 40 marker, I think it's the easiest! I've already written 40markers for most of the essays, so just gonna memorise them really and hope they come up!! Wbu?

I can't think of any more! Just wait we'll get in the exam and it'll be a question on something ridiculous.
Yep same I'm definitely doing the Ecosystems essay - unless it's really horrible then I'll just have to take a chance with one of the others. What other topics do you do? (I'm doing development, plates and we also did world cities but I don't think I'll do world cities in the exam). I'm worried about timing bc I haven't done a full paper since the mock like I've done timed questions and essays but not all together - and 2 and a 1/2 hours is a long exam lol I'll get hungry.
Original post by Alexturnock123
Shut up bonobo

pipe down alexturnock123
Original post by thatgr
pipe down alexturnock123

Pipe down thatgr

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sacred Ground
I used to like Geography and once thought about doing a Geography, doing A level geography made me reevaluate my life plans. Medicine it is for me pfft. What do you plan to do once you graduate?

Where are you doing Medicine at? Guessing you want to be a doctor. :u:

I'm actually planning to go work in strategy/tech consultancy in the future at a company like IBM, Accenture (or for the big 4). If that fails, maybe try to get into the Civil Service as a diplomat.

Original post by 142701
I'm doing a geog degree too lol like wot have we done 😂

Haha. I'm doing a joint honours with economics, so I have to do less geography :biggrin:. Which university are you planning to go to?
hi has anyone got a checklist for case studies for world cities, and development and globalisation

I'm actually planning to go work in strategy/tech consultancy in the future at a company like IBM, Accenture (or for the big 4). If that fails, maybe try to get into the Civil Service as a diplomat.

That actually sounds interesting!
Who knew you could get into an interesting job with a geography degree? 😂
I received medicine offers from Glasgow and Newcastle but firmed Newcastle.
Original post by 09ekennedy
My predictions for short answer tectonics is major extrusive/minor extrusive activity and management strategies of a seismic event using a case study

Cause volcanic activity featured quite heavily on the paper last year, isn't it more likely the 8 marker will be on waves or tsunamis??
Reply 518

Haha. I'm doing a joint honours with economics, so I have to do less geography :biggrin:. Which university are you planning to go to?

oh that sounds good then! Kings college London wbu?
Anyone have notes on an LEDC earthquake ? Like Nepal or Haiti, by any chance?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending