The Student Room Group

University of Ulster Magee year two entry interview help

Hi guys I am applying for second year entry to adult nursing at Magee and was wondering if anyone had any tips/advice/info they could give me that would help at interview? Thanks for reading, ANY help would be appreciated! ☺️
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi! Sorry no one has replied yet. I'm finishing this year from Ulster :smile:. Okay, so..
First off, you said there that you're going for second year entry which means you do have a bit of experience behind you already so this should be really good practice! Also, I know several people in my class graduating with me, as well as others in the year above, who came in via transfer so it does happen all the time :smile:! Right, now for interview help..
The curriculum at Ulster is completely underpinned by the person-centred practice framework developed by McCormick and McCance (2010), if you have a look over this framework, you will find a WEALTH of phrases that will most definitely make you stand out as a candidate at interview. Say for example you are asked "why Ulster?" you could say that the great emphasis put on developing nurses with an acute awareness of person-centred practice at this university is particularly attractive cause it compliments your own personal beliefs and values of working towards achieving person-centred outcomes, such as a satisfaction with care (this is all in the framework, don't worry).
Due to the nature of the framework, you could literally work in any aspect of it to answer any question that is thrown at you, for example, attributes that you have can be linked in with the "prerequisites" section of the framework and just evidence these from experiences you've had from previous placements
I would just be aware of current contemporary nursing issues, such as revalidation etc.
Also, Ulster pride themselves deeply on their world renowned excellence in clinical nursing research so I would try and get in somewhere about previous enjoyment of research modules (if you did one) or the fact you keep up to date with current research in order to inform your practice with up-to-date evidence.
Obviously this is loads to take in so if you even mention a few things I could guarantee they will be really impressed.
Sorry if this is slightly long winded and the very best of luck!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Wow thank you so so much for your reply!! Great tips and info I really appreciate this! Good luck with the rest of your year ☺️
Original post by electrolyte21
Hi! Sorry no one has replied yet. I'm finishing this year from Ulster :smile:. Okay, so..
First off, you said there that you're going for second year entry which means you do have a bit of experience behind you already so this should be really good practice! Also, I know several people in my class graduating with me, as well as others in the year above, who came in via transfer so it does happen all the time :smile:! Right, now for interview help..
The curriculum at Ulster is completely underpinned by the person-centred practice framework developed by McCormick and McCance (2010), if you have a look over this framework, you will find a WEALTH of phrases that will most definitely make you stand out as a candidate at interview. Say for example you are asked "why Ulster?" you could say that the great emphasis put on developing nurses with an acute awareness of person-centred practice at this university is particularly attractive cause it compliments your own personal beliefs and values of working towards achieving person-centred outcomes, such as a satisfaction with care (this is all in the framework, don't worry).
Due to the nature of the framework, you could literally work in any aspect of it to answer any question that is thrown at you, for example, attributes that you have can be linked in with the "prerequisites" section of the framework and just evidence these from experiences you've had from previous placements
I would just be aware of current contemporary nursing issues, such as revalidation etc.
Also, Ulster pride themselves deeply on their world renowned excellence in clinical nursing research so I would try and get in somewhere about previous enjoyment of research modules (if you did one) or the fact you keep up to date with current research in order to inform your practice with up-to-date evidence.
Obviously this is loads to take in so if you even mention a few things I could guarantee they will be really impressed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi i was just wondering if you recieved an offer from Magee after your interview but then were not fortunate enough to recieve the required UCAS points is there any possibility you could transfer in second year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending