The Student Room Group

A2 AQA Geography GEOG 3 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tcameron
could they ask 'describe the structure of the earth'?

I don't think so, you cant really say much for a 7-10 marker
Original post by JadeEllis4
Guys, any good case studies for transport?

Curitiba, Brazil! - This is a trinary bus system that works to reduce congestion. 1. Bus stops every 500m. 2. Includes access to local business. 3. Buses access one way streets for fast travel. They also make use of pre paid bus passes so buses stop for less time, and claim that a bus will stop every 50 seconds at most used stops in peak travel times.

I got some stuff on the London Congestion Charge too - £11.50 per day you go into the charging zones... Additional fees if not paid within 24hrs! This only applies Mon-Fri (7am-6pm). As well, you could mention how they have changed the system @ Dartford Crossing; instead of paying at a toll booth, you pay online either before your crossing, or no later than 24 hours after. This has reduced congestion and back logs of traffic across the bridge, especially in peak times.

You could find out some information about your local LTP also. Depending on where your from this could include pedestrianisation, cycle track, and park and ride schemes.

Smaller points to mention include a ban to driving one day a week in Mexico City to reduce car dependency. They did this with the aim to show people that they can still get to work/school without need for a car, encouraging them to perhaps do this more than just the one day they are legally not able to drive.
Shanghai and their move to raise licence fees to discourage driving.
Or even perhaps the cable car in Rio De Janero!

I hope this helps!
GOOD LUCK!!!
Ecosystems 7/8/10 predictions anyone!?!
Original post by ksanghera
Do you guys think transport and waste management will come up in WC?

Unlikely as it came up in June 14 and June 12
anything i can rule out for the tectonics 25 marker this year???????????????????????
Original post by Pterofyre
Unlikely as it came up in June 14 and June 12

thank you, good luck :smile:
Predictions for World Cities and Weather&Climate 25 markers?
Original post by Language student
Predictions for World Cities and Weather&Climate 25 markers?
interested in this also
for partnership regeneration, would you only talk about the city challenge bid and an example like Batley, or could you bring in a property led regeneration scheme like london docklands or bring in redevelopment of Birmingham cbd
Thanks very much x

Original post by bethers__Z
Curitiba, Brazil! - This is a trinary bus system that works to reduce congestion. 1. Bus stops every 500m. 2. Includes access to local business. 3. Buses access one way streets for fast travel. They also make use of pre paid bus passes so buses stop for less time, and claim that a bus will stop every 50 seconds at most used stops in peak travel times.

I got some stuff on the London Congestion Charge too - £11.50 per day you go into the charging zones... Additional fees if not paid within 24hrs! This only applies Mon-Fri (7am-6pm). As well, you could mention how they have changed the system @ Dartford Crossing; instead of paying at a toll booth, you pay online either before your crossing, or no later than 24 hours after. This has reduced congestion and back logs of traffic across the bridge, especially in peak times.

You could find out some information about your local LTP also. Depending on where your from this could include pedestrianisation, cycle track, and park and ride schemes.

Smaller points to mention include a ban to driving one day a week in Mexico City to reduce car dependency. They did this with the aim to show people that they can still get to work/school without need for a car, encouraging them to perhaps do this more than just the one day they are legally not able to drive.
Shanghai and their move to raise licence fees to discourage driving.
Or even perhaps the cable car in Rio De Janero!

I hope this helps!
GOOD LUCK!!!
Our teachers have made us learn 4 topics instead of just three 😡
Reply 1491
Original post by ksanghera
Do you guys think transport and waste management will come up in WC?

Potential 40 marker
Any Weather and Climate 40 mark predictions? I think could be either tropical climates or urban climates...
Original post by SJJ97
Potential 40 marker

Anyone get any notes on plate tectonics theory for the possible 40 marker or could tell me what you would need to include in say each paragraph really lacking knowledge and stressing about it now
in a question like evaluate how plate tectonic theory has helped our understanding of the distribution of seismic and volcanic events, how would you use evidence for plate tectonic theory like climatological evidence, paleomagnetism, geological evidence, fossil evidence etc in the essay????
Any predictions for development and globalisation 40 marker?
Original post by markwedwards98
Any Weather and Climate 40 mark predictions? I think could be either tropical climates or urban climates...

Tropic climates 40 marker would be nasty I think :/
I think it may be climate of british isles aswell - maybe another air masses type one
Reply 1497
how long are your 40 markers roughly??? i never seem to be able to write enough within the time limit!
Original post by gil727
in a question like evaluate how plate tectonic theory has helped our understanding of the distribution of seismic and volcanic events, how would you use evidence for plate tectonic theory like climatological evidence, paleomagnetism, geological evidence, fossil evidence etc in the essay????

Also very stuck on this sort of question, I would image you would do a paragraph on these to help support his theory after the introduction before then going into the distribution of volcanos and seismic events
Reply 1499
does anyone else not feel prepared at all lol deffo will be retaking yr13 next year

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending