The Student Room Group

A2 AQA Geography GEOG 3 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by psychemma
Wow chill, I read you said 40 marker but they don't usually repeat any content from last year's exam whether it's the 25 marker or 40 marker

k m8
Original post by bat_man
Can someone explain how you would add synoptic aspects to the tectonics essay, especially since its being asked about plate tectonic theory and seismicity.

If it's distribution- then potential anomalies- for example construction of dams can cause earthquakes because of increased water pressures, fracking from Energy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1702
Original post by dibbs153
havent u been revising before today or just a crammer ?

yeah ive been revising for months but i struggle with retaining information and i've also had psychology today which is another very content heavy subject
How do you add flair to an essay?
Reply 1704
Original post by pandamind
Was just going to plan that now. Off the top of my head:

Intro: Define NICs, give examples

Economic: Discuss high levels of growth, China becoming manufacturing centre of world, India's large service sector, and general movement of lower paying jobs to these countries. Look forward by comparing to previous NICs that have developed, saying cost of labour will rise, TNCs are already moving elsewhere (e.g. Philippines, Bangladesh), and backlash over outsourcing has meant higher skilled jobs returning to original countries (Motorola, Tesla have US factories, British firms have domestic call centres). China growth has slowed from 10% to 5-7%. However, labour is also becoming more skilled so you could see other types of jobs being outsourced (India produces 2 million IT graduates a year, often as good as MEDC counterparts). China has also invested wisely into Africa, with many African countries set to develop and trade with China as a result

Environmental: China provides 95% of the world's rare earth metals, and have been extracting them disregarding environmental concerns, until recently. India and China both refused to accept environmental responsibilities at the Doha Round of WTO talks, saying that developed nations are more easily able to deal with environmental concerns and they are still developing (This is an application of the Environmental Kuznets Curve, stating that environmental sustainability increases after reaching a certain point of development- but there is little evidence of this actually working in practise). Brazil on the other hand has attempted to become renewable, with the likes of bioethanol fuel production.

Political: Developed nations have increasingly tried to win trade with China and India with political favours, Chinese and Indian officials have both toured Britain recently to much fanfare. Increased potential to trade with BRIC nations is supposedly an argument for leaving the EU.

Social: I guess reduced brain drain compared to in the past, though that can be countered by increased educational standards and demand for most educated labour from abroad (I don't know the figures on this)

Conclusion: growth of NICS has had massive impacts economically, environmentally, and politically, on developed and developing nations.

I don't know how good that is, any suggestions?

It's only a 10 marker.... Look at the mark scheme of the last time it was asked it's a lot more simple then what you have put... But it's still good!!
anyone got an idea what the 40m markers could be for development and globalisation ???
Original post by SJJ97
It's only a 10 marker.... Look at the mark scheme of the last time it was asked it's a lot more simple then what you have put... But it's still good!!

Can't it come up as a 40 marker? I'm doing D&G as my 40, so if anyone has any predictions for that, that would be appreciated
Original post by L1lly

my teacher said that flair cannot be taught to students, you either have to obtain it by showing something that makes the examiner go "wow" and is different to
Original post by L1lly

Add some quote from some geographer or academic. You could probably make it up if you wanted.
Original post by psychemma
Do you really think global warming will come up again because it was the 25 marker last year?

I really don't want global warming to come up again it's already been 40 markers twice
Original post by BigStormzy
my teacher said that flair cannot be taught to students, you either have to obtain it by showing something that makes the examiner go "wow" and is different to

Lol, just analyse something in a different way to what they expect, i.e. use information from another subject or your own knowledge rather than geography for one of your points (or to evaluate a point).

I got credited with flair for saying fish farming could be unsustainable due to dominance of specific species and thus reduced biodiversity, yet that's basically under ecosystems
Reply 1711
How would a 10 marker on sustainable tourism potentially look like?
What are predicted short answer questions for conflict? I'm unsure what to focus on!
Original post by suzanne1997
What are predicted short answer questions for conflict? I'm unsure what to focus on!

We got told possibly separatism or multiculturalism
Original post by L1lly
For all this can you use the case study Curitiba ?

Yeah you can
Are things like 'man made' earthquakes such as fracking classed as weaknesses to the plate tectonics theory?
Reply 1716
Original post by cmcl
How would a 10 marker on sustainable tourism potentially look like?

Discuss the following development issue 'sustainable tourism- myth or reality'
Reply 1717
Please someone give me some hope and tell me what the D&G predictions are are 25 marks
Please can someone say what they're predicting the 25marks for WEATHER to be?
Original post by Olimunday98
We got told possibly separatism or multiculturalism

yeah so have we, i hope they don't give us international conflict as that came up last year

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending