The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sineadmm
still waiting as well. contacted dbs last week and they still hadn't recieved an application for me! this is getting to be nightmarish.

who did you contact???
Reply 341
I'm actually now thinking of contacting CSR just to let them know that I'm considering going away for a couple of days over the festive period. Perhaps they may be kind enough to fast track my pre employment checks. That way I can enjoy my couple of days away without any stress, worry and anxiety. It would also mean I could enjoy my trip without checking my emails every 3 and a half minutes. I'm going to give them until November I think then I'm definitely going to contact them.

Anyone had checks back this week?
Reply 342
Original post by SW19!
I'm actually now thinking of contacting CSR just to let them know that I'm considering going away for a couple of days over the festive period. Perhaps they may be kind enough to fast track my pre employment checks. That way I can enjoy my couple of days away without any stress, worry and anxiety. It would also mean I could enjoy my trip without checking my emails every 3 and a half minutes. I'm going to give them until November I think then I'm definitely going to contact them.

Anyone had checks back this week?

I've got a week abroad booked for beginning of August. At this rate it will clash.
I've not heard anything since mid May.
I think someone said (a page or two ago) that they had emailed and got a reply that checks were taking longer due to the volume of candidates.

Suppose we'll just have to sit tight. I can't imagine we'll be so desperate to get to work once we've been there a few months :biggrin:

Just hope they don't decide to withdraw the campaign or anything (although I can't imagine so as they've re-advertised).
Reply 344
Received formal offer about an hour ago - external candidate.

Start date - 04/07.

Only problem is I have to give one months notice with no wiggle room which I informed of at interview - couldn't make it up! Asked for delay by a week & await a response.

Hope everyone gets dates soon.
Which location?
Reply 346
Newcastle
Birmingham, formal offer, start 4th July. Received this info last week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 348
Original post by bj985
Received formal offer about an hour ago - external candidate.

Start date - 04/07.

Only problem is I have to give one months notice with no wiggle room which I informed of at interview - couldn't make it up! Asked for delay by a week & await a response.

Hope everyone gets dates soon.

Did you get your dbs certificate through the post before your offer?? I'm just trying to work out the order of things!!
Reply 349
Original post by Britishblue1
Birmingham, formal offer, start 4th July. Received this info last week.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did they also confirm the starting salary and line manager details for you?
Original post by Hayho

The starting salary will be the minima that was stated in the advert for external candidates, unless based in London.
Original post by Hayho

Hi,

Starting salary will be as advertised - I was given the name of who to report to on first day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, been checking this forum throughout the application process. Just thought i would join so i could share, i applied at salford, got my dbs check through the post 2 week ago today. Had my formal offer through today with a starting date of 5th september!
Reply 353
I received my provisional offer on 9th May, I completed my DBS form on 11th May and have heard nothing since. I phoned the DBS telephone number yesterday and they haven't received a request for my check yet from HMRC, I emailed the CS Resource email address yesterday and haven't heard back yet. I have been offered Bristol and I'm sure I was told in my interview they were looking to get people starting at the end of July.
Original post by Sljca
Did you get your dbs certificate through the post before your offer?? I'm just trying to work out the order of things!!

I wouldn't worry about not receiving the certificate, I've been successful in three civil service jobs this year and I only received the certificate for this position. I was actually offered an EO role with HMRC two weeks before I was offered this position and never received a certificate for that position.
Reply 355
Original post by Britishblue1
Hi,

Starting salary will be as advertised - I was given the name of who to report to on first day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok thanks. The reason I ask if you were given starting salary is that the advert gave a salary range, a little ambiguous. And civil service pay progression is frozen. So I presume it will be £29068, and that it will stay at that rate unless you apply for promotion.
Reply 356
Original post by Sljca

Yes - that came last week then email re: checks complete.
Original post by Hayho
Ok thanks. The reason I ask if you were given starting salary is that the advert gave a salary range, a little ambiguous. And civil service pay progression is frozen. So I presume it will be £29068, and that it will stay at that rate unless you apply for promotion.

Yes you will start on the bottom of the payscale, but there is an annual pay award which means you won't normally be right on the bottom as long as you "achieve" in your performance management appraisals. The bad news is that pay awards are basically capped at 1% for this parliament, so you're not going to move up much

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 358
Original post by gavin_1980
Yes you will start on the bottom of the payscale, but there is an annual pay award which means you won't normally be right on the bottom as long as you "achieve" in your performance management appraisals. The bad news is that pay awards are basically capped at 1% for this parliament, so you're not going to move up much

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats not strictly true, when they award a 1% pay rise each year the minimum also goes up 1%
I am climbing the walls. Received provisional offer 12th May, nothing since. I've contacted them FOUR TIMES regarding an issue with a reference. Heard nothing. This wait is worse than being on the waiting list.

Latest

Trending

Trending