The Student Room Group

A2 AQA Geography GEOG 3 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lulus1
Me too, but all worded very badly. Didn't really mention the magma plume though lol oops
How did you comment on it? I said that recently the theory behind hotspots had been updated and now could be due to weaknesses in the crust and areas of high volumes of magma, so this didn't provide evidence for that, dunno if that's any good or not

I wrote similar things but all very bad, I tried a comment saying they looked more like diagrams than actual images so may be of limited use, don't know if it's worth anything though ahha
Original post by jaackq1221
would birmingham cbd count e.g bullring and grand central train station as a regeneration for the world cities 10 marker?

Should do. I did the same, but wrote about the Bullring and Brindley Place as the CBD is in the city centre of Birmingham.

At least, I hope so.
Original post by arsenal1997
hi guys,
was just wondering for the tectonics 40 marker
I wrote majority of my essay on volcanoes, but then for some reason wrote some on earthquakes, how badly will this affect my mark, only a bit of it tho.
thanks

Noi think thats okay since the question asked for volcanoes and other hazards, so talking about earthquakes is a good thing too (which i did)
Original post by pandamind
I did tectonics 25, world cities 25, d&g 40. I think tectonics and world cities were alright (as long as London docklands counts as a city 'centre' regeneration lol). The 40 marker I felt like I had loads of knowledge and case study info, but I was vague and didn't have any TLAG or flair, plus my conclusion was awful

I agree! I feel like my essay had little synopticity or flair.. Do you remember what you wrote about? I'm not really sure if I went down the right path with it
Original post by hpiercey3
I did plate tectonics 25 (lovely), development and globalisation 25 (wish i had revised sustainable tourism lol) and world cities 40 (dream question)

What did people include in WC 40?

I did exactly the same as you!
I wrote about the issues that urban areas have that aren't sustainable so pollution, transport, waste... with case studies. Then I said that this could be why its unacheivable. Then for a counter argument I said that there are areas across the world that have proved being sustainable in urban areas is a reality, used case studies. Then in my conclusion I said that it is possible but I wouldn't necessarily consider it 'true' sustainability, more of just improving sustainability.
Original post by TomC1997
Anyone know what the weather and climate 40 marker title was ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quote on something about irreversible climate change being so overwhelming it pointless to manage it
What extent we agreed with the quote
Hey guys i'm kinda panicking a little bit for some reason i went full retard in the 2 25 mark sections, i felt i answered them really well but i forgot to use paragraphs lol... how badly is that gonna mess my marks up? :/
Original post by Chris1067
Hey guys i'm kinda panicking a little bit for some reason i went full retard in the 2 25 mark sections, i felt i answered them really well but i forgot to use paragraphs lol... how badly is that gonna mess my marks up? :/

On the front of the book it said to seperate questions with two lines but im sure if they can tell which question is which it shouldn't be a problem
Original post by lulus1
I agree! I feel like my essay had little synopticity or flair.. Do you remember what you wrote about? I'm not really sure if I went down the right path with it

Bunch of different factors in not enough depth: development stages, corruption, war, resources, capitalism, trade liberalisation. Just feel I've done the exact opposite of what they want despite knowing everything about the question
DO you think its okay that i spoke about redevelopment of urban inner cities for the 10 marker on climate
Original post by Heather_J
On the front of the book it said to seperate questions with two lines but im sure if they can tell which question is which it shouldn't be a problem

Whoops I forgot to do that
Original post by Sacred Ground
Guys we all messed up the 10 marker for world cities, I wrote about Manchester city centre and it's probably not right

Nooooo I did that as well and I'm sure its right because the question asked about regeneration in a town or city centre and the Central Manchester Development Coperation is a property led regeneration scheme so thats right (if you did the Hulme one then thats also right

Ah thanks <3 I did that it's just because of my lack of paragraphs my 10 markers ended up being a block of text lol so hopefully i don't get marked down for that.

I didn't even read that left like 4 spaces between each
what did everyone write for the first question on weather and climate about the photochemical smog?
Original post by tcameron
I didn't even read that left like 4 spaces between each

I read it just before I had to hand the paper in so I couldn't even check if i'd left gaps
World cities 25 marker: Not bad, I spoke about the causes being lack of investment, out of town retail parks etc, characteristics are shops closing leading to loss of jobs which them leads to the area being rundown?:/. 10 marker: I spoke about Cabot Circus.

Ecosystems 25 marker: Graph was meh, 8 marks: I messed up a bit. Didn't mention soil, and said buttress roots were to help collect nutrients:/ which is wrong. 10 marker: horrible question, I remembered the stages, gave specific names but didn't say how it helped tress to grow:/

Tectonics essay: was ok. Talked about E-15 and Montserrat and how whether a country is an medc or ledc will affect the effects drastically. I said even medc's can't stop destruction due to the massive effects of Iceland , they prevented death though. I also said physical features shape effects e,g lava type, volcano type and location( population density also) and what type of plays boundary . Somewhat agree with the statement as medc's have access to knowledge and understanding which prevents deaths, however there are many other factors which Shape impact
partnership schemes were developed for inner city, for example hulme ect, the question specifically asked for city centre i.e. the CBD
Original post by pandamind
Bunch of different factors in not enough depth: development stages, corruption, war, resources, capitalism, trade liberalisation. Just feel I've done the exact opposite of what they want despite knowing everything about the question

I talked about similar things, corruption/poor govenance/war in LEDCs vs a strong gov in MEDCS, differences in human potential due to healthcare/education, like good education in India helped attract IT/call centres, and that LEDCs can't compete with agricultural goods due to MEDC tariffs.
My teacher said it's important to consider changes over time for synopticity, so I shoved something in the conclusion about how the current nics are becoming unattractive and already LEDcs are having investment, so in the future it's possible for those countries to experience rapid growth. But because the question asked specifically about recent decades I don't think it will get any credit
I'm geussing london docklands wont be counted for the world cities 10 msrker will it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending