The Student Room Group

First time

Me and my boyfriend have been together for about a year and over the period we have done some things but not gone all the way. I'm 17 but I would like some tips on how to go about it. I'm not on the pill so do I definetly need condoms? Would you suggest going on the pill? Please help
I would suggest going on the pill , as it's much safer , but you should try different things , as there is no harm in experimenting , so you should also use the condom - but after all it's whatever you feel happy with and your boyfriend :wink::smile:
Original post by Pollypp99
Me and my boyfriend have been together for about a year and over the period we have done some things but not gone all the way. I'm 17 but I would like some tips on how to go about it. I'm not on the pill so do I definetly need condoms? Would you suggest going on the pill? Please help
sorry I read your comment but I saw the title so...[video="youtube;CPEBN2dVNUY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPEBN2dVNUY[/video]
The pill stops you getting pregnant and is probably a good idea. Condoms still stop both pregnancy and stis.

If you're both virgins the pill should be enough, if you're not you may want to use condoms until your bf is tested.

Btw neither is 100% safe. Ensure you check condoms for breaks/splits and keep an eye on your period for the pill.

It may also be worth discussing what you would do if you did somehow end up pregnant so you're on the same wavelength. It's small but it is a possibility.

Good luck and have fun.
Original post by Elivercury
The pill stops you getting pregnant and is probably a good idea. Condoms still stop both pregnancy and stis.

If you're both virgins the pill should be enough, if you're not you may want to use condoms until your bf is tested.

Btw neither is 100% safe. Ensure you check condoms for breaks/splits and keep an eye on your period for the pill.

It may also be worth discussing what you would do if you did somehow end up pregnant so you're on the same wavelength. It's small but it is a possibility.

Good luck and have fun.

:wink: True and neither is 100% safe , but it can stop the chances of a pregnancy 😊
And it's true you should have a conversation with your bf about the chances of pregnancy - as you will be able to have his opinion on what he thinks about it .:wink:
Original post by Ria25
:wink: True and neither is 100% safe , but it can stop the chances of a pregnancy 😊

Using either is of course infinitely safer than not using either (for pregnancy, condoms for STIs). Sorry if I gave the impression otherwise. Just after seeing a few threads on here recently with surprise pregnancies while on the pill, it has become clear that people seem to think it is 100% effective, which it is not.

I don't think anything in life is 100% effective.

I'm also being something of a hypocrite as I know I certainly wasn't anywhere near as prepared and controlled at her age :tongue:
Original post by Elivercury
Using either is of course infinitely safer than not using either (for pregnancy, condoms for STIs). Sorry if I gave the impression otherwise. Just after seeing a few threads on here recently with surprise pregnancies while on the pill, it has become clear that people seem to think it is 100% effective, which it is not.

I don't think anything in life is 100% effective.

I'm also being something of a hypocrite as I know I certainly wasn't anywhere near as prepared and controlled at her age :tongue:

Your not being a hypocrite , your just giving advice and it's nice that something you have been through you don't want other to go through :wink:
Reply 8
Get and implant, it's 99% safe.

Good Luck, Have Fun. Sex is good.
Reply 9
I've got the implant and think it's the best, I tried the pill but really messed up with my mood. I think condoms are good as well, but maybe try different things and decide what you prefer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending