The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NiamhM1801
Same here! I know that P456 will be the easiest science exam I sit so I'm quite looking forward to that one - but space stuff is really interesting too! I'm planning on doing Physics A Level but no further than that haha. But yeah I really need to get it nailed.

Oh, by the way, in the June 2012 Unit 3 paper they had a 3 mark question on retrograde motion, but all I can find is the question paper - not the mark scheme! I'm praying it doesn't come up as a 6 marker!

It should be on the OCR website ? Do you do OCR 21st Century ?

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
I think P456 is easier than P123. I hate P123 but love P456 and P7. I'm hoping to get 100 UMS in them. Hopefully. Lol.

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔

God yeah, P456 is a dream compared to other science exams in general! I'm not sure about 100UMS, but I'm aiming for at least 50 marks :colondollar:
👌

Look who commented again...lol..u probably hate me by now...sorry...
It should be on the OCR website ? Do you do OCR 21st Century ?

Yeah I do. It was from when they did the 'Ideas in Context' in the P7 exam, so they've removed them annoyingly. I managed to find the paper online elsewhere but the mark scheme's not with it.
Original post by mypetpikachu
Look who commented again...lol..u probably hate me by now...sorry...

Youre not making it hard to. Lol. Jk.

Youre not making it hard to. Lol. Jk.

Aww...love u too...lol..jk
God yeah, P456 is a dream compared to other science exams in general! I'm not sure about 100UMS, but I'm aiming for at least 50 marks :colondollar:

That's 100UMS if it's out of 60. You don't need full marks for 100UMS. When you reach 90UMS each mark after that is worth 2UMS. So if an A* is 41 - 100UMS would be 46. So you can get 100UMS.

Aww...love u too...lol..jk

I need an ice pack now. Jk. Lol. Do I care? No. Lol.

Yeah I do. It was from when they did the 'Ideas in Context' in the P7 exam, so they've removed them annoyingly. I managed to find the paper online elsewhere but the mark scheme's not with it.

What do you want to get in Physics ? An A or A* ?

Original post by MezmorisedPotato
Retrograde motion is so scarce in revision guides! Even the textbook does not mention it in detail. I have a hunch a six marker might come up for it too. :frown: If you find any resources that helps then please send it! I'd love to help you with anything you struggle with!
Good luck :smile:

I managed to find the mark scheme :biggrin:
So this was for a 3 marker but it contains many more points, so I guess we could mould it into a 6 mark response if we tried :smile: (part b of the question btw)

image.png
That's 100UMS if it's out of 60. You don't need full marks for 100UMS. When you reach 90UMS each mark after that is worth 2UMS. So if an A* is 41 - 100UMS would be 46. So you can get 100UMS.

Wow I didn't think it was that low! I knew you didn't need full marks but I thought it was around 55...maybe I could get it then! :biggrin:
What do you want to get in Physics ? An A or A* ?

Definitely an A*, if I don't get one I'll be pretty annoyed lol. I assume you want one too?
Wow I didn't think it was that low! I knew you didn't need full marks but I thought it was around 55...maybe I could get it then! :biggrin:

Go for it.

' You make me rock hard baby all night. Love's like a glove and it fits just right ' - Kiss - Rock hard. Haven't listened to this track for ages.

(edited 7 years ago)
Definitely an A*, if I don't get one I'll be pretty annoyed lol. I assume you want one too?

Aiming for it but I'd still be happy with an A. We'll see what fate has in store for me. I'm definitely giving it my best though.

I need an ice pack now. Jk. Lol. Do I care? No. Lol.

Don't lie to urself...lmao...jk...
Don't lie to urself...lmao...jk...

Lol. I think it's Haraam to be annoying in Ramazan.

Go for it.

' You make me rock hard baby all night. Love's like a glove and it fits just right ' - Kiss - Rock hard. Haven't listened to this track for ages.

Woo yeah I will :biggrin:

WOAH they're certainly erm...powerful lyrics 😳😂
Aiming for it but I'd still be happy with an A. We'll see what fate has in store for me. I'm definitely giving it my best though.

Well considering you're going for 100UMS in the remaining 2 papers I'd say you're well in with a chance :tongue:
Lol. I think it's Haraam to be annoying in Ramazan.

Jee...never heard of that...okay..sorry...I'm gonna take a break now...lol..jk..will stop...sorry..I was too tempted to..
Woo yeah I will :biggrin:

WOAH they're certainly erm...powerful lyrics 😳😂

Lol. Yeah. I kind of realised the awkwardness of the lyrics after making the post. I wasn't making a move. Lol. I was just listening to that track and I haven't listened to it for years -believe it or not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending