The Student Room Group

Edexcel IAL, Unit 4: Rates, Equilibria and Further Organic Chemistry. 14-Jun-2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SAM RR
Yes volume on the horizontal and time on the vertical line?

In the nmr one i wrote the structure of butanoic acid but did the peaks and the splitting correct,do you think i'll get any marks since the structure was suppose to be propanoic acid? I did that last question in the last minute and messed up pretty badly. :|

If you wrote splitting and area correct, then it's okay you can get some marks.
So how many expect a*s or a in this paper? Lol. I hope i atleast get an a :frown:
Original post by AvWOW
really? But wasn't it a straight line :frown: for concentration against time also it's a straight line for zero order, right?

I was confused as well but when I checked, the rate was changing :/ which is why I didn't have much time left for the NMR question :/
Reply 83
I wrote zero order too but most of my friends are saying its first order :|
First order i guess as its rate over concentration graph
Reply 85
Original post by Helennlsian
First order i guess as its rate over concentration graph

The graph was volume against time,right?
Reply 86
Original post by sabahshahed294
I was confused as well but when I checked, the rate was changing :/ which is why I didn't have much time left for the NMR question :/

Omg I'm scared :frown: Every mark is precious haha
Reply 87
Original post by SAM RR
The graph was volume against time,right?

No, it was time against volume
it was rate (1000/t, which is s^-1) against volume (cm^3), therefore it should be first order since it's a straight line
Notice the table the title is 1000 t and unit was s^-1, a slash was missing so i guess that's what they want us to realize and add
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by AvWOW
Omg I'm scared :frown: Every mark is precious haha

I'm kinda unsure tbh. This and the titration graph kinda baffled me.
Reply 90
Original post by Blazyy
No, it was time against volume

Yes, Time on the Y -axis and volume on the X -axis.
Reply 91
I'm kinda unsure tbh. This and the titration graph kinda baffled me.

yup those were the hard ones :frown:
Original post by AvWOW
yup those were the hard ones :frown:

Hope gbs are descent lol. Good luck for Bio U4 :smile: I have S1 tomorrow :tongue:
Reply 93
Original post by skeletonboy1
it was rate (1000/t, which is s^-1) against volume (cm^3), therefore it should be first order since it's a straight line
Notice the table the title is 1000 t and unit was s^-1, a slash was missing so i guess that's what they want us to realize and add

but if volume is proportional to concentration, and the gradient is a straight line, shouldn't it be zero order?
Reply 94
right
Original post by Blazyy
Zero order
what is the delta S total?
It was first order
Reply 97
S1 here!!
Hope gbs are descent lol. Good luck for Bio U4 :smile: I have S1 tomorrow :tongue:
Original post by AvWOW
but if volume is proportional to concentration, and the gradient is a straight line, shouldn't it be zero order?

the straight line i meant was those lines in a directly proportional graph.. and lines like that in a rate against concentration graph should be first order i believe? as concentration doubles rate doubles
Reply 99
The half life is not consistent unfortunately, not 1st order for sure.

Original post by skeletonboy1

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending