The Student Room Group

GCSE grade nerves

Hi!

I'm just about to sit the Physics IGCSE tomorrow and it suddenly dawned on me that my grades may not be as good as I wanted. I ideally wanted about 8 A*s but now I think I'm on the boundary for so many subjects and am worrying if I've achieved the A*.

In Maths, I think I got about 69/100 in the first paper but 83/100 in the second but would this be enough to get me an A* in IGCSE Edexcel?

And for Chemistry, I think I got around 90/120 in paper 1 and 44/60 in Paper 2 but once again would that be enough for the A*?

Physics looks like it will go terribly and for someone who wants to go to a top university (hopefully in America), are 7 A*'s, 2 A's and a B good enough?

Thanks,
Edward
Original post by GCSEdward
Hi!

I'm just about to sit the Physics IGCSE tomorrow and it suddenly dawned on me that my grades may not be as good as I wanted. I ideally wanted about 8 A*s but now I think I'm on the boundary for so many subjects and am worrying if I've achieved the A*.

In Maths, I think I got about 69/100 in the first paper but 83/100 in the second but would this be enough to get me an A* in IGCSE Edexcel?

And for Chemistry, I think I got around 90/120 in paper 1 and 44/60 in Paper 2 but once again would that be enough for the A*?

Physics looks like it will go terribly and for someone who wants to go to a top university (hopefully in America), are 7 A*'s, 2 A's and a B good enough?

Thanks,
Edward

no, no and yes

Quick Reply

Latest