The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
I got an start date for Leeds today. August 8th. Anyone else?
Original post by sy1985
I got an start date for Leeds today. August 8th. Anyone else?

Were you successful in the campaign advertised in January or a previous campaign? I am going to Leeds and was in the January campaign but I haven't been given a start date, the last email I received was last Tuesday to confirm checks were complete and to await the vacancy holder to contact me.
Original post by Hayho
OK thanks. Ive since emailed them about it as well. Ill let you know if I hear...

Just to confirm; they emailed me back (unusual!) and said:

"Thank you for your email. You do not need to send the DBS certificate to us."
I've now got an Occ Health appt on 1st July, so I definitely won't be starting in August! Think it'll be first week September for me (fingers crossed)
Reply 463
I am soooooo bored of this waiting lark now. I don't want to tell my manager until it's formal, but I feel dead guilty at every one to one! I thought for sure now I have my dbs and health stuff that it would be through by now!!! It will be 7 weeks on Monday! I'm also desperate to get out of this job so really need a date to pin my hopes on!!!
Rant over!!!!!
Original post by Sljca
I am soooooo bored of this waiting lark now. I don't want to tell my manager until it's formal, but I feel dead guilty at every one to one! I thought for sure now I have my dbs and health stuff that it would be through by now!!! It will be 7 weeks on Monday! I'm also desperate to get out of this job so really need a date to pin my hopes on!!!
Rant over!!!!!

I'm in the same boat - getting super frustrated. I just can't believe CSR don't reply - fair enough they are busy and may take time to respond but to completely ignore emails - never known anything like it. Is anyone awaiting for Manchester? Seems other areas are moving a bit quicker.
Original post by Sljca
Rant over!!!!!

I feel exactly the same as you. I hate my current job and my manager keeps talking about me starting a course to move to the next level - which starts around October/November time. Need to get out of here!!!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 466
Original post by Echopark88
I'm in the same boat - getting super frustrated. I just can't believe CSR don't reply - fair enough they are busy and may take time to respond but to completely ignore emails - never known anything like it. Is anyone awaiting for Manchester? Seems other areas are moving a bit quicker.

I'm Salford, so similar area!!!
Reply 467
Original post by pukahontas
Were you successful in the campaign advertised in January or a previous campaign? I am going to Leeds and was in the January campaign but I haven't been given a start date, the last email I received was last Tuesday to confirm checks were complete and to await the vacancy holder to contact me.

I was part of the January recruitment. I was surprised to get a start date given they emailed last week saying it would likely be Autumn time. I'm an existing civil servants so not sure if that speeded it up.
Original post by sy1985
I was part of the January recruitment. I was surprised to get a start date given they emailed last week saying it would likely be Autumn time. I'm an existing civil servants so not sure if that speeded it up.

I'm a civil servant as well but I only had checks completed last week, if yours were done quicker than that maybe that's why you've been given an earlier start date as they had plans to bring in a certain amount of people in August?

Were you contacted by phone or email by Leeds by the way?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 469
Original post by Doll Parts
Just to confirm; they emailed me back (unusual!) and said:

"Thank you for your email. You do not need to send the DBS certificate to us."
I've now got an Occ Health appt on 1st July, so I definitely won't be starting in August! Think it'll be first week September for me (fingers crossed)

Thanks for that, Ive not had a response to my email. I didnt think we would need an Occ Health appt? (Unless its person specific) Im hoping it is September to be honest, purely because im on holiday first 2 weeks in August.
I've been made a provisional offer for O for Manchester office as part of the campaign ran last November and I am also waiting for checks to be completed.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Hayho
Thanks for that, Ive not had a response to my email. I didnt think we would need an Occ Health appt? (Unless its person specific) Im hoping it is September to be honest, purely because im on holiday first 2 weeks in August.

No; it's because I've got a health condition. If you haven't recorded any health issues on the questionnaires you won't need a consultation.
Reply 472
No; it's because I've got a health condition. If you haven't recorded any health issues on the questionnaires you won't need a consultation.

Ok thanks. Where have you applied for out of interest? I'm Liverpool.
Just got my DBS in the post! Hallelujah!
Reply 474
Original post by pukahontas
I'm a civil servant as well but I only had checks completed last week, if yours were done quicker than that maybe that's why you've been given an earlier start date as they had plans to bring in a certain amount of people in August?
Were you contacted by phone or email by Leeds by the way?

My checks were completed ages ago, literally within a week of being offered the job, so maybe that's why it's an earlier start date.

They contacted me via email. I'll be based in Lawnswood rather than the city centre.
Original post by sy1985
My checks were completed ages ago, literally within a week of being offered the job, so maybe that's why it's an earlier start date.

They contacted me via email. I'll be based in Lawnswood rather than the city centre.

Ah right, thanks for your help, hopefully I hear soon on a start date.
I've applied for this role in the recent applications and am currently waiting for my application to progress possibly to the net stage as it currently is going through the SIFT stage. Anyone heard back from these current bloc of applications?
Original post by Hayho
Ok thanks. Where have you applied for out of interest? I'm Liverpool.

Liverpool :smile:
Original post by MMLewis93
I've applied for this role in the recent applications and am currently waiting for my application to progress possibly to the net stage as it currently is going through the SIFT stage. Anyone heard back from these current bloc of applications?

I think it would be way too early for sifting to be completed and they don't invite anyone to the next stage, until everyone for that location has been sifted.
Reply 479
Liverpool :smile:

Will see you soon then, hopefully...

Latest

Trending

Trending