The Student Room Group

Protostar's journey to amazing grades! (GCSE)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nisha.sri
Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done Niamh !!! Keep going !!! Your amazing at maths don't worry about it😊 Keep up the hard work 😁

Thank you! And I will, it's just hard knowing that nearly everyone else is done! And thank you - yeah further maths isn't a big worry really it's more physics, even though I'm confident with both physics is a lot more content heavy so I need to get it all learnt :smile:
Thanks again! :h:
Original post by NiamhM1801
Thank you! And I will, it's just hard knowing that nearly everyone else is done! And thank you - yeah further maths isn't a big worry really it's more physics, even though I'm confident with both physics is a lot more content heavy so I need to get it all learnt :smile:
Thanks again! :h:

Ur welcome..sorry..just felt like butting into a convo...

Posted from TSR Mobile
23/06/2016 - Evening update

Well...this is the last revision update on this thread. It's so strange to have got to this point at last, as back in February it all felt so far away...

Today I have:
-Physics P7.1 notes completed
-Half of Physics P7.2 notes completed

I'm going to stay up for quite a while tonight to get all of it learnt, as this exam is pretty important as I'm doing physics A Level. I also know that it has the potential to be a pretty cruel exam so I want to be prepared for whatever happens :smile:

I didn't get anything done for further maths, but that's ok. I think I'll have a brief read over my revision guide to make sure that I know how to do everything as I'm already pretty confident. Really looking forward to this exam in a weird way, as I really like further maths :biggrin:

So after tomorrow, GCSEs will be done forever! 🎉
Obviously I won't be updating revision stuff throughout summer as I won't be doing any, but I might still post what I've been up to, just to keep it alive sort of thing.
And I'll definitely post my results when I get them!!!

Until tomorrow, see you on the other side! :biggrin:

Well...this is the last revision update on this thread. It's so strange to have got to this point at last, as back in February it all felt so far away...

Today I have:

I'm going to stay up for quite a while tonight to get all of it learnt, as this exam is pretty important as I'm doing physics A Level. I also know that it has the potential to be a pretty cruel exam so I want to be prepared for whatever happens :smile:

I didn't get anything done for further maths, but that's ok. I think I'll have a brief read over my revision guide to make sure that I know how to do everything as I'm already pretty confident. Really looking forward to this exam in a weird way, as I really like further maths :biggrin:

Obviously I won't be updating revision stuff throughout summer as I won't be doing any, but I might still post what I've been up to, just to keep it alive sort of thing.

Do you think P7 will be hard ? What do you think will come up ?

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
Do you think P7 will be hard ? What do you think will come up ?

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔

I'm really not sure...part of me thinks they'll be nice as they've had a good record this year so far and I doubt they'd break it in the last exam, but part of me also thinks that they could make this the biggest beast of a P7 paper ever, and not in a good way.

As for topics i have absolutely no idea as I haven't even touched a past paper yet (actually that's a lie, I have touched last year's, just haven't done it yet). So I really don't know.

I haven't seen you around much lately, where've you been? :tongue:
I'm really not sure...part of me thinks they'll be nice as they've had a good record this year so far and I doubt they'd break it in the last exam, but part of me also thinks that they could make this the biggest beast of a P7 paper ever, and not in a good way.

As for topics i have absolutely no idea as I haven't even touched a past paper yet (actually that's a lie, I have touched last year's, just haven't done it yet). So I really don't know.

I haven't seen you around much lately, where've you been? :tongue:

I've been so busy revising and I haven't been feeling well lately. I hope it's about aliens again 😂😂😂😂

I've been so busy revising and I haven't been feeling well lately. I hope it's about aliens again 😂😂😂😂

Oh I see - well please come back properly soon as its been a bit dry without you! (Sorry everyone else :s-smilie:)
Oh god I heard about that! I'd much rather it be about actual physics stuff than "where should we put this telescope) :colonhash: and if it's on gas behaviour I will actually flip - it's got nothing to do with anything else in the unit! Why is it even there??
Oh I see - well please come back properly soon as its been a bit dry without you! (Sorry everyone else :s-smilie:)
Oh god I heard about that! I'd much rather it be about actual physics stuff than "where should we put this telescope) :colonhash: and if it's on gas behaviour I will actually flip - it's got nothing to do with anything else in the unit! Why is it even there??

They're trying to relate it to the formation and death of the Sun but they've not done it very well !
Original post by MezmorisedPotato
They're trying to relate it to the formation and death of the Sun but they've not done it very well !

Yeah I understand that it allows formation of stars to follow on nicely but there's so much irrelevant information that it just seems a bit out of place to me.

Today I have:

Nice work! Good luck for your final exams!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Today I have:

Good luck Niamh !! You've worked so hard !! :biggrin:
P7 went very well. I'm now freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Original post by lilacpotato
Nice work! Good luck for your final exams!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you - it's all over now! :biggrin:
Good luck Niamh !! You've worked so hard !! :biggrin:

Thank you, I hope it's all paid off! :smile:
P7 went very well. I'm now freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

It was pretty nice wasn't it? Personally it was my least favourite out of the 3 but it was still nice other than that second 6 marker.

FREEDOM!!! :biggrin:
24/06/2016 - Afternoon update
23 DOWN, 0 TO GO...EXAMS ARE OVER!!!
All the preparation, revision, learning, has all come down to this. Exams are done and I'm free at last! :biggrin:

Today I had another clash, Physics P7 and Further Maths this time. Physics went pretty well. It was a nice paper, the stuff I didn't revise didn't really come up which I was really happy with, and 2 of the 3 six markers were absolutely lovely! I don't know anywhere I massively screwed up I don't think, so it's looking good! :smile:

Further maths was also pretty good, but I know I've made a significant number of errors. I also know that these errors have cost me an A^, which is really disappointing. However I know I've got an A* which isn't bad at all, just an A^ would have been nicer as I know I'm capable of doing it. Oh well. Praying for low grade boundaries to see if it's still possible, but it's looking unlikely as everyone seems to have found it nice.

I'm so relieved that exams are done! I don't know what to do with all this freedom...haha.

Final totals:
:biggrin:: 15
:smile:: 6
:s-smilie:: 2
:frown:: 0
:mad: 0

Overall I'm very pleased. I wanted the majority to be :biggrin: with a couple of :smile:s and very few :s-smilie:s and below, and I've got that. So yeah, happy overall. Just gotta wait 2 months until results day now!
All the preparation, revision, learning, has all come down to this. Exams are done and I'm free at last! :biggrin:

Today I had another clash, Physics P7 and Further Maths this time. Physics went pretty well. It was a nice paper, the stuff I didn't revise didn't really come up which I was really happy with, and 2 of the 3 six markers were absolutely lovely! I don't know anywhere I massively screwed up I don't think, so it's looking good! :smile:

Further maths was also pretty good, but I know I've made a significant number of errors. I also know that these errors have cost me an A^, which is really disappointing. However I know I've got an A* which isn't bad at all, just an A^ would have been nicer as I know I'm capable of doing it. Oh well. Praying for low grade boundaries to see if it's still possible, but it's looking unlikely as everyone seems to have found it nice.

I'm so relieved that exams are done! I don't know what to do with all this freedom...haha.

Final totals:

Overall I'm very pleased. I wanted the majority to be :biggrin: with a couple of :smile:s and very few :s-smilie:s and below, and I've got that. So yeah, happy overall. Just gotta wait 2 months until results day now!

WOW i wish i had this sort of work ethic during gcse. You're gonna get loads of A*'s but at A-level you're probably gonna get A's and A*'s as well as you have such a good attitude towards studying.

don't give up and you'll do amazing things haha

Final totals:

WOO!! Your so confident with your exams :smile: So what you gonna do, now you've finished your exams ?

Final totals:

Well done...yayyyy.....my exams r over now as well...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fefssdf
WOW i wish i had this sort of work ethic during gcse. You're gonna get loads of A*'s but at A-level you're probably gonna get A's and A*'s as well as you have such a good attitude towards studying.

don't give up and you'll do amazing things haha

Wow thank you! This honestly means a lot! :h:
WOO!! Your so confident with your exams :smile: So what you gonna do, now you've finished your exams ?

Haha yeah I am a bit :tongue:. And I'm really not sure - so much free time to do whatever I want but I just can't think!
Original post by mypetpikachu
Well done...yayyyy.....my exams r over now as well...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, and well done to you too! How did you think FM went? :smile:
Wow thank you! This honestly means a lot! :h:

Haha yeah I am a bit :tongue:. And I'm really not sure - so much free time to do whatever I want but I just can't think!

Thank you, and well done to you too! How did you think FM went? :smile:

It actually went gr8...I think I'll get around 60-70 on this paper....wbu...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mypetpikachu
It actually went gr8...I think I'll get around 60-70 on this paper....wbu...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah think I got between 78 and 88, not quite as well as I'd hoped but still good. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending