The Student Room Group

17 year old Muslim girl

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by junayd1998
Fair enough, but you will prolly change your mind later staying at home would be a better option.

No,I won't trust me.
I would say wait until uni, it would be much better and enjoyable and easier for you. You have one year left and I can totally relate about wanting to move out but don't do it just yet it would just bring more stress.
Original post by RBalboa
I know I can move out when im 18, but how do i tell them that i want to do that? Also how do i ask them if i can borrow the money to put the deposit down?

Are you seriously proposing to get a mortgage at the age of 17 and with no regular income? :erm:
Original post by RBalboa
No,I won't trust me.

loool, whats so awful that you want to move out.
Reply 24
Original post by Hydeman
Are you seriously proposing to get a mortgage at the age of 17 and with no regular income? :erm:

What?
Reply 25
Original post by junayd1998
loool, whats so awful that you want to move out.

Being in my house.
Original post by RBalboa
What?

You mentioned wanting to borrow money to put down a deposit. I take it this would be a deposit for rented accommodation? It seemed to imply that you wanted to buy a house of your own when you move out. :tongue:
Reply 27
Original post by RBalboa
What?

You're clearly not even mature enough to move out. Sorry.
Original post by Hydeman

Even renting a 1 bedroom flat is not even worth it.
Original post by RBalboa
Being in my house.

lmao being in a house is bad lol so the solution is to move into another one.
You can't sign a tenancy at the age of 17 as it is a legal contract so you won't be able to move out really. Just wait til you are 18 and have an income.*
Reply 31
There's also all the stress of living alone at that age: Cooking, cleaning looking after yourself, full time college, homework, revision. Near exams you need people who will take care of you and ensure you eat properly and revise enough but not too much ( I take it you're approaching A levels or A2s). And if you want a social life on top of that? There's also the problem of your baby sitting, would just moving out really be enough to get you out of that duty. Alternatively as if you weren't there your parents would have to pay a babysitter and so that entitles you to a payment you could say and save some money that way. But really as much as you want to move out it would probably be for the best to remain put for a while, till you're 18.
That doesn't mean you just have to put up with it though. If you explain your dilemma to your parents and try to find some sort of compromise, and if you can't reach that then just say you'll get yourself a job on Saturdays whether your parents like it or not, then they have to either agree to your compromise, independence or pay you for babysitting as that is the reason you cannot get a job.
Original post by RBalboa
I am a 17 year old girl, and I want to move out and live in my own flat, the trouble is I don't know how to tell my parents this and also don't know how to ask them to help me with the money for it either. I want to move out to become independent but the thing is I don't have much money because I can't get a job due to babysitting my brother and sister on a weekend and being in either college or college placement during the week.
What should I do?

Well, legally you're allowed to live on your own from the age of 16.
A good first step for most people is applying to uni, and living in halls.
The best way is to get it out and tell them how you feel.
Unfortunately, most people feel the same way as you, but there is just no way to do it at your age because living costs are too high, and if you're under 21, you're not entitled to a living wage, so you won't get paid enough to afford the rent if you do get a job.
You could always put yourself on the council list, as they tend to be cheaper.
The way most people do it, is to just wait it out.
Original post by RBalboa
I am a 17 year old girl, and I want to move out and live in my own flat, the trouble is I don't know how to tell my parents this and also don't know how to ask them to help me with the money for it either. I want to move out to become independent but the thing is I don't have much money because I can't get a job due to babysitting my brother and sister on a weekend and being in either college or college placement during the week.
What should I do?

Not sure if it's just me but 17 seems way too early to be moving out! If you're planning to go to University, prepare for that. If you don't want the debt and want to start earning money from the off, go for Apprenticeships. There are many things that should cross your mind without jumping to moving out, especially at 17! :smile:
Original post by RBalboa
What should I do?

Pro tip: Enjoy your time while your young and don't have bills to pay/responsibilities because trust me ... adult hood is a mean and scary place. :hide:
1st world problems
Why exactly have you had enough?
you are too young for this I would advise you to talk to someone about the issues you have in your house

Quick Reply

Latest