The Student Room Group

Am I still entitled to an extra year of student finance if I intercalated?

I went to Uni in 2012-2013 and after some illness that didn't let me do my exams I had to intercalate for the 2013-14 year, coming back to do my exams from the first year in the summer of 2014. I left University after because of personal problems.

I think I mistakenly put in my student finance application that I went to University for both of these years, but does intercalation count as actually going? Now student finance are saying I have to self-fund the £9000 for the first year.

Is this correct, or can I do something about it?

Thanks.
Original post by Pancakes555
I went to Uni in 2012-2013 and after some illness that didn't let me do my exams I had to intercalate for the 2013-14 year, coming back to do my exams from the first year in the summer of 2014. I left University after because of personal problems.

I think I mistakenly put in my student finance application that I went to University for both of these years, but does intercalation count as actually going? Now student finance are saying I have to self-fund the £9000 for the first year.

Is this correct, or can I do something about it?

Thanks.

Did you receive any funding at all during your intercalation? And how much funding have you had?
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
Did you receive any funding at all during your intercalation? And how much funding have you had?

Sorry for the late reply. I received no funding during my intercalation, I stayed at home and only went to University to take exams (which I ended up not even doing because of my personal problems I mentioned before). I have only had the £9000 funding from the first year.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Pancakes555
Sorry for the late reply. I received no funding during my intercalation, I stayed at home and only went to University to take exams (which I ended up not even doing because of my personal problems I mentioned before). I have only had the £9000 funding from the first year.

It shouldn't count that year then.
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
It shouldn't count that year then.

I keep getting mixed responses from Student Finance when I call them, sometimes they say it counts and other times they say it doesn't.

Today one of them told me to tell my last University to contact them and tell them that I never actually went to University that year and since I also didn't get any funding for that year then I should still get 3 years for the degree that's now starting.

I can't really find a definitive answer on this, so I'll just try to do what they said earlier.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending