The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Padfoot92
:L that's true

Yeah wealthy and mid size business

Well done getting your checks completed. It's great to see some movement for us all.
That's the same area as me, looks like we will be colleagues 😊.
Reply 21
I just got an email out of the blue from CSR basically apologising for the wait and that it's taking longer than they'd hoped cos of the size of the campaign. You guys get anything? I'm kind of asking the universe to hear something solid this week but it's doubtful*:biggrin:
I got an offer yesterday for an O role from the September campaign last year starting 8th August
Reply 23
I got an offer yesterday for an O role from the September campaign last year starting 8th August

Congrats!!*
Reply 24
Amazing! I emailed them and asked about a potential start date. They said my potential start date would be 8th August. That is not confirmed until a formal offer is received. It is so good to hear that it will hopefully be as soon as that.
Reply 25
Original post by Ogt
Amazing! I emailed them and asked about a potential start date. They said my potential start date would be 8th August. That is not confirmed until a formal offer is received. It is so good to hear that it will hopefully be as soon as that.

Ooh interesting - I didn't think we were privy to info about our own start dates haha. Might try that myself now actually. *
Fingers crossed for everyone
Reply 27
Original post by hellojo
Ooh interesting - I didn't think we were privy to info about our own start dates haha. Might try that myself now actually. *

You definitely should, it is good to have some peace of mind!
Reply 28
Looks like I am gonna be waiting a while. Got a call from someone tonight who could even pronounce my name (bless him) about an OH appt. Its not until the 20th of July! Ffs! I was expecting it as I have a medical.condition but this this is a ridiculous amount of time to wait!
Reply 29
Guys I got an email today - start on 22nd August. Finally!
Original post by hellojo
Guys I got an email today - start on 22nd August. Finally!

Happy days!! Congrats what dept are you going into?
Reply 31
Happy days!! Congrats what dept are you going into?

Enforcement and Compliance, whatever that means!!
You wouldn't happen to know what sort of dress code HMRC have? I know some civil service depts are v casual (my brother is in the passport office, jeans and t shirt).*
Reply 32
Original post by hellojo
You wouldn't happen to know what sort of dress code HMRC have? I know some civil service depts are v casual (my brother is in the passport office, jeans and t shirt).*

It seemed to be fairly casual the day I had to drop stuff over. I passed my pre employment checks finally so now just waiting on confirmation of start date!!! Nerves are wrecked!
Original post by hellojo

Sorry I thought I had replied! Did they give you any sort of department you could be doing the enforcement and compliance in?

And no idea my partners in a different building and he's in jeans and Tshirts with this weather

Think I'm gonna play it safe on the first day and do more smart than casual and go from there!
Also has anyone received their pension stuff yet?!
Reply 35
Also has anyone received their pension stuff yet?!

*Thanks for the fashion advice! I received pension stuff yesterday (although they sent it to my mums address; I haven't lived there for nearly two years).*

Im getting excited now. I have three weeks left in my current job :biggrin: trying to find anybody starting on the 22nd!*
Reply 36
Original post by sineadmm
It seemed to be fairly casual the day I had to drop stuff over. I passed my pre employment checks finally so now just waiting on confirmation of start date!!! Nerves are wrecked!

Oh congrats :smile: you'll have to let us know. Fingers crossed you get a date soon!!
Reply 37
Original post by hellojo
Oh congrats :smile: you'll have to let us know. Fingers crossed you get a date soon!!

how long did it take for you to get a date once everything was passed?
Reply 38
Sorry I thought I had replied! Did they give you any sort of department you could be doing the enforcement and compliance in?

And no idea my partners in a different building and he's in jeans and Tshirts with this weather

Think I'm gonna play it safe on the first day and do more smart than casual and go from there!

have you got a start date yet?
Original post by sineadmm
have you got a start date yet?

August 8th I start and it took about a week between passing checks and the offer :smile: hopefully you'll hear soon!

Latest

Trending

Trending