The Student Room Group

What do I put on my CV?

So, I've decided to start applying for summer jobs however I'm struggling with what to put on my CV as I've just left school (I'm 16) and completed my GCSE's yet not received the results for them. I have however completed one GCSE which is my actual grade so how would I write that separately to the rest which are just my predicted grades?
Look online at CV layouts. Explain that you're a school leaver and it's fine to say in brackets which grades are predicted. Have you got any work experience ? If so state this in your CV and what you gained from it. Make sure to keep everything concise and use a few bullet points.
Original post by f-iftikhar16
So, I've decided to start applying for summer jobs however I'm struggling with what to put on my CV as I've just left school (I'm 16) and completed my GCSE's yet not received the results for them. I have however completed one GCSE which is my actual grade so how would I write that separately to the rest which are just my predicted grades?

I would stick predicted in brackets for the ones that aren't your confirmed ones or just stick to put your 1 gcse down and put that you are currently studying all the others.
I just did this, also awaiting GCSE results.
Make sure you put your name, email phone number at the top.
Put your secondary school and how long you attended predicted grades and write that you're awaiting results. Put your existing GCSE first on its on. If you're going to college write it's name and what a levels you're doing.
Then put skills such as public speaking, debate, people skills, etc. Anything you think would make you a good candidate. If you like French or something write you're a good linguist etc, anything to make it stand out. If you've done DOFE say so.
Then put work experience/employment even if it's just a paper round or something.
Put volunteering, if you've done any. If you've done DOFE you've also volunteered so write this and a bit about what this entailed. You could write anything like if you've helped out in a school play or something idk.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ladymusiclover
Look online at CV layouts. Explain that you're a school leaver and it's fine to say in brackets which grades are predicted. Have you got any work experience ? If so state this in your CV and what you gained from it. Make sure to keep everything concise and use a few bullet points.

ahh thank you for your help, I will make sure to do so. :smile:
Original post by claireestelle
I would stick predicted in brackets for the ones that aren't your confirmed ones or just stick to put your 1 gcse down and put that you are currently studying all the others.

Thank you!!
Original post by perspectives
I just did this, also awaiting GCSE results.
Make sure you put your name, email phone number at the top.
Put your secondary school and how long you attended predicted grades and write that you're awaiting results. Put your existing GCSE first on its on. If you're going to college write it's name and what a levels you're doing.
Then put skills such as public speaking, debate, people skills, etc. Anything you think would make you a good candidate. If you like French or something write you're a good linguist etc, anything to make it stand out. If you've done DOFE say so.
Then put work experience/employment even if it's just a paper round or something.
Put volunteering, if you've done any. If you've done DOFE you've also volunteered so write this and a bit about what this entailed. You could write anything like if you've helped out in a school play or something idk.

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you so much:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest