The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Bay Campus Parking?

I'm looking to attend Bay campus whilst living at home, so I'll be driving into University . I'm aware that there is no parking for students on the campus itself and the University recommends the Park and Ride which is £4 at a time.... Anyone who currently commutes, who could tell me how easy it is to park on nearby roads? Much space available? Is the park and ride any good? Could I use the pay and display if I was only in for a couple of hours? Thanks.
Hi Matt,

Thank you for your message. We encourage students to park at the Fabian Way Park and Ride service which will be able to take you to the Bay Campus (£4 per day) - it's a short five minutes bus ride away from the Bay Campus. If you have any questions please let me know! I'll try my best to help!
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by matt1703
I'm looking to attend Bay campus whilst living at home, so I'll be driving into University . I'm aware that there is no parking for students on the campus itself and the University recommends the Park and Ride which is £4 at a time.... Anyone who currently commutes, who could tell me how easy it is to park on nearby roads? Much space available? Is the park and ride any good? Could I use the pay and display if I was only in for a couple of hours? Thanks.

Ahahaha parking..... it's a joke on Bay campus, unless you can get a permit. If you live outside the first cymru bus service you are eligible to get a permit. The residential areas are all permit holder only, and the remaining spaces used last year will probably be permit holder only or double yellow, why? because students made it a hobby to park inconsiderately, and there were probably complaints and so the council will take action

At the start of the year we had a good thing going with uni, no one said anything if you parked in the staff car park..... Then the guys from HSV moved in, and there were cars EVERYWHERE, the students parked on pavements just so they dont walk for 5 mins from the car park.

Then there was a guy who parked his black clio on the edge of the pavement right at the corner of the road, which prevented a bus from maneuvering the corner , and the campus was gridlocked :smile:That probably sped up the process in which the land was given to this parking company who issues tickets.

ANYWAYTo sum up, PM me ur email and I can forward the permit details/requirements to you, but driving + bay campus will give you heartache, unless you drive a banger you dont care about then it'd be fine parking in the few areas which havent been "permiterised" :biggrin:

Oh yeah forgot to mention pay and display, I think it was £3.50 from 8am till 4pm/5pm It adds up quickly, but I suppose if your living at home u wouldnt mind the pay and display costs ;p
Reply 3
Hi my son is in his second year and has had a few parking fines now on elba crescent , your advice on the few areas hat he could use foc would be much appreciated
Reply 4
Please can you send me the parking permit details for my daughter who is starting at Bay Campus in September Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest