The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lúcio
Ngl I lol'd

You're right though - as Joker said regarding Aspas, pre-season doesn't tell you the full story.

That being said, I'm very hopeful for the lad and he definitely has the attributes that Klopp as a manager appears to like in a player.

You'll finish top 2 easy tbh. I think you'll win the title. Sanchez is a flop, Arsenal aren't finishing higher than 4th and I'm now off to stretch to get to 6'8".
I remember when I got allowed into the Liverpool training grounds but I smashed all the other players and got told I couldn't be allowed on the team for overachieving.
Ibe to Bournemouth official. Skrtel also left earlier.
Another day, another injury. Gomez suffers a set-back. We're after a new CB after Sakho and Gomez injured.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mr tim
Another day, another injury. Gomez suffers a set-back. We're after a new CB after Sakho and Gomez injured.

Any chance we can re-sign Kolo? :colondollar:
Original post by mr tim

Gomez career won't ever take off. He's going to be declining at 25

Posted from TSR Mobile
Could this be Ilori's chance?
Reading that Gomez is only out for the start of the season so it's not all doom and gloom and I'm sure we will still be seeing him for the cup games later on in the season, not like he was going to start for us in the horrific first set of fixtures...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mr tim

Ah that's a blow. Looks like we seriously need to consider a proper 4th choice option since Gomez may not be reliable (injury or experience) and Sakho could also be a concern.

Original post by Lúcio
Any chance we can re-sign Kolo? :colondollar:

Surely Caulker?

Original post by A Mysterious Lord
Could this be Ilori's chance?

He's going to the Olympics so will miss the start of the season too.
Klopp definitely targeting a new centre-back, apparently. But the question is: of what quality? You imagine the starting berths, when the season gets underway and in full swing, will be between Sakho, Lovren and Matip. Will we be able to entice somebody who's likely to fall down the pecking order as soon as the aforementioned three are fit and firing?
Original post by Mackay
Klopp definitely targeting a new centre-back, apparently. But the question is: of what quality? You imagine the starting berths, when the season gets underway and in full swing, will be between Sakho, Lovren and Matip. Will we be able to entice somebody who's likely to fall down the pecking order as soon as the aforementioned three are fit and firing?

You then have to go really young or really old since they know they won't get many games. We don't even have EL for them to get half a dozen games through the season either..

Kolo Toure with Can/Lucas as emergency cover makes most sense to me? In the ideal world, the 4th CB wouldn't get a single PL game all season.. I guess you just need cover for worst case scenarios.
Reply 8531
Original post by Zayn is Bae
You'll finish top 2 easy tbh. I think you'll win the title. Sanchez is a flop, Arsenal aren't finishing higher than 4th and I'm now off to stretch to get to 6'8".

Don't think you can stretch to get to 6'8 though.
Coutinho set to play some mins tomorrow. May see a 2nd string/youth side from Wigan as they played Man Utd today.
(edited 7 years ago)
Karius, Randall, Matip, Lovren, Flanagan, Ejaria, Stewart, Brannagan, Mane, Coutinho, Firmino

Subs: George, Lucas, Ilori, Ings, Kent, Wisdom, Markovic, Woodburn, Alexander-Arnold

Lovren captain again, Gurjic ill, Moreno [neck] and Smith [groin] out as a pre-caution. No Bodgan in the subs.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mr tim
Karius, Randall, Matip, Lovren, Flanagan, Ejaria, Stewart, Brannagan, Mane, Coutinho, Firmino

Subs: George, Lucas, Ilori, Ings, Kent, Wisdom, Markovic, Woodburn, Alexander-Arnold

Lovren captain again, Gurjic ill, Moreno [neck] and Smith [groin] out as a pre-caution. No Bodgan in the subs.

That's a shame - would've liked to see more of Grujic but we have plenty of other pre-season games.

Actually a shame about Moreno too - he still has defensive frailties but he was linking up very well with Mané in the last game.
Great to see Coutinho back though, should be a good watch.

Bogdan is surely gone - I don't even know who George is...
What time is kick off? Going to have to try and find a stream xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is firmino going to be a #9 this season ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PetrosAC
What time is kick off? Going to have to try and find a stream xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Kick off is 4pm

I'll PM you what I tend to use.
Original post by Lúcio
Kick off is 4pm

I'll PM you what I tend to use.

Cheers

Posted from TSR Mobile
What an effort from Coutinho.