The Student Room Group

What makes you panic?

"In week 10, you will be doing a presentation." :colonhash:

It makes me panic every single time. You know the moment when your heart just plummets and your palms go all clammy? Maybe not initially, but the closer it gets to the date you just feel like :cry2:

Although once it is over, the feeling of relief and the immediate look you can give to your colleagues that resembles :awesome: Its worth it.

I can guarantee that presentations are high up on the list for most peoples anxieties. But tell me, what makes you panic?

Scroll to see replies

Knowing that my driving test is next week! The rational part of me is just like 'the worst thing that can happen is I fail and have to do it again', but the worried part of me is like 'what if I don't like the examiner or take a wrong turn or stall or arghh' :s-smilie:
Reply 2
Original post by PugDevil
"In week 10, you will be doing a presentation."

That is the ting right there :yy::yy::yy:
Reply 3
Original post by Leviathan1741
Knowing that my driving test is next week! The rational part of me is just like 'the worst thing that can happen is I fail and have to do it again', but the worrying part is like 'what if I don't like the examiner or take a wrong turn or stall or arghh' :s-smilie:

I was about to say, apparently TSRians are made of steel! :tongue:

I think the worst thing you could do in a drive test is run somebody over :colone: I haven't learnt to drive yet though so I'm very jealous of you! Something that big is bound to make you panic a little, that's very natural. Of course, you shouldn't really listen to my advice because I can't drive, but I would advise you to just pretend that this isn't your first rodeo and the person in the car is a friend or parent etc.

I shall pre-empt your driving test by saying congratulations for passing :wink: But good luck regardless!
Reply 4
Original post by Davalla
That is the ting right there :yy::yy::yy:

Makes things better when you're put with people that don't like talking/working :h:
I was about to say, apparently TSRians are made of steel! :tongue:

I think the worst thing you could do in a drive test is run somebody over :colone: I haven't learnt to drive yet though so I'm very jealous of you! Something that big is bound to make you panic a little, that's very natural. Of course, you shouldn't really listen to my advice because I can't drive, but I would advise you to just pretend that this isn't your first rodeo and the person in the car is a friend or parent etc.

I shall pre-empt your driving test by saying congratulations for passing :wink: But good luck regardless!

Haha, I'm definitely not made of steel!

Thank you for the luck! I need all the help I can get :tongue:
Reply 6
when anyone mentions august 18th
Being aware of the presence of a mouse or a rat nearby.
Reply 8

Perry the platypus........:redface:
"In week 10, you will be doing a presentation." :colonhash:

It makes me panic every single time. You know the moment when your heart just plummets and your palms go all clammy? Maybe not initially, but the closer it gets to the date you just feel like :cry2:

Although once it is over, the feeling of relief and the immediate look you can give to your colleagues that resembles :awesome: Its worth it.

I can guarantee that presentations are high up on the list for most peoples anxieties. But tell me, what makes you panic?

Whenever my mum begins a sentence with "Right..." because that is always her introduction to an unpleasant topic.
Reply 11
Original post by fefssdf
when anyone mentions august 18th

What is happening on the 18th..?

Spoiler

Reply 12
last week i was at work, in a meeting, and told to give my opinion on the topic. Didn't see it coming - i barely listened to a word that was being said. everyones attention was on me v quickly and i wanted 2 die. being thrust into any unfamiliar situation in general makes me v nervous.
18 august
when someone says I'll come with you
when I say something stupid as a joke and someone takes it the wrong way
*sighs*:frown:
Reply 14
Original post by Ishea16
18 august
when someone says I'll come with you
when I say something stupid as a joke and someone takes it the wrong way
*sighs*:frown:

I have done that too many times to remember :lol: The face goes red and the ears burn, but at least you will have a story to tell to your friends :biggrin:
What is happening on the 18th..?

Spoiler

absolutely nothing is happening on the 18th :biggrin:
When you're in a room on your first day training or a group interview at uni or whatever and the person in charge makes everyone go round the circle doing an icebreaker, where they have some question and you have to say your name and come up with something witty/intelligent or interesting about yourself to say to the other people :afraid:

I usually forget my name :hide:

Related: when you've got to introduce someone new an existing group of friends or colleagues, and you know you're going to be put on the spot and you forget what everyone's called even though you've known them for years. Makes me freak out every time.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
When you're in a room on your first day training or a group interview at uni or whatever and the person in charge makes everyone go round the circle doing an icebreaker, where they have some question and you have to say your name and come up with something witty/intelligent or interesting about yourself to say to the other people :afraid:

This angers me :frown: Nobody wants to do it, nobody will remember it, but still the tutor insists :redface:

Definitely ranks up there for me!
Original post by Puddles the Monkey

Related: when you've got to introduce someone new an existing group of friends or colleagues, and you know you're going to be put on the spot and you forget what everyone's called even though you've known them for years. Makes me freak out every time.

I am so bad with names ; I will say things like ' number 3 needs you ' when i can't remember the name of the person on that checkout :/
Original post by Leviathan1741
Knowing that my driving test is next week! The rational part of me is just like 'the worst thing that can happen is I fail and have to do it again', but the worried part of me is like 'what if I don't like the examiner or take a wrong turn or stall or arghh' :s-smilie:

Best of luck! Let me know how you get on :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest