The Student Room Group

Uni exam - accidently hadnotes

For my uni exam, they check our books for notes and found them there. I had loads of stuff on me and couldn't take out the notes because I didn't even realise they were in there. They aren't even notes on the exam. I received an emailing saying I can't get them back and that academic staff has been contacted. What should I do?
Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
For now, do nothing. Wait until the University gets in contact with you and lays out what procedure they are going to follow. If the notes are nothing do with the exam they may take it no further. You will not be the first person to have forgotten to take paper out of a book. If they are going to do something then they will need to state what procedure they are going to use and then you need to follow it. Don't panic. We all make mistakes. Leave it to them for now
Reply 3
Original post by hubbabridge
For now, do nothing. Wait until the University gets in contact with you and lays out what procedure they are going to follow. If the notes are nothing do with the exam they may take it no further. You will not be the first person to have forgotten to take paper out of a book. If they are going to do something then they will need to state what procedure they are going to use and then you need to follow it. Don't panic. We all make mistakes. Leave it to them for now

Thank you! The issue is the notes look like short hand and on A5 pages (which they have kept). The notes didn't have anything to do with the exam, but another exam which is in the same module which is similar. I hope it is fine! The prof told me that I will be contacted about it, so that is making me anxious.
(edited 12 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by fastengines
Thank you! The issue is the notes look like short hand and on A5 pages (which they have kept). The notes didn't have anything to do with the exam, but another exam which is in the same module which is similar. I hope it is fine! The prof told me that I will be contacted about it, so that is making me anxious.

They will contact you I am sure but don't panic. There is a big difference between forgetting about some notes and deliberate cheating and its the latter they would have to be sure about before they could take it further. We all make mistakes and learn from it; in your case be extra diligent about what you bring into the exam. From what you say I think they will give you the benefit of the doubt.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending