The Student Room Group

What are the current makeup trends you don't like ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PrincessBO$$
Kylie is pretty. But come on she does not deserve to be worshipped and have people spend 100£ on makeup to look like her!

Yeah I genuinely find the whole thing fascinating. Like ****sake man if she wears a lipstick by MAC it is sold out for four months in some places! And I wonder what happens when the Kardashian Klan actually do die down. Like how many socialites will be squirming to be the next Kim K + Fam? And considering they have such huge age gaps between them and there is another generation already kicking about in Chanel Espadrilles when will they actually die down? It's such a ridiculous beauty standard too because Kim K is basically famous for being a freak of nature (don't mean this in an insulting way just seriously, who has that body) and vain enough to manage maintaining this position. I also find it kinda weird that Kylie has 0% Armenian in her, I always assumed Kris wasn't fully white but she is.
Painting the fat catapillars on top of der eyes.
The razor-sharp eyebrows and razor-sharp lipliner because they don't look natural at all. It looks super fake and weird to me. A little overlining is okay, but you have to know when it is going too far.
This sh*t just why it looks wrong on so many levels

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
Reply 44
Original post by Unsolved_Mistry
This sh*t just why it looks wrong on so many levels

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Lol I don't think it looks that bad
Reply 45
My most hated make up trend atm is this

unblended eyeshadow just looks ****, dont do it
The heaving contouring and the weird thick shaped eyebrows.

Lip lining gets to me the most though. There's this one girl I have on insta and she has the thinnest lips ever. After lip lining it looks like her lips have been stung by a bee :I
honestly I love what people do with makeup, and when contouring is done right it looks amazing

but there's a REALLY strong vibe at the minute that people who don't wear makeup (such as myself) are somehow worth less or are uglier than girls who do. if guys can look hot af without a single bit of makeup, why can't girls?
Original post by Changing Skies
I'm getting a bit bored of the whole obsession over contouring/strobing/highlighting etc. It's just a bit heavy sometimes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

block eyebrows

cat eye on every makeup look - seriously someamazing youtubers create beautiful looks then they slap on a ridiculous wing...it actually kills me

OTT contouring and highlighting - when people contour with a dark colour, blush with a pink or red, and higlight or illuminate, and you can LITERALLY SEE 3 BLOCK LINES!!! I'M LIKE HALLLOOO?!? EVER HEARD OF BLENDING???

higlighting the tip of your nose - WHY.

getting carried away with highlighting - i saw a girl the other day and she looked like she was drowinging in cooking oil.

contouring collarbones - are people mad. everybody's got them and the only people who notice collarbones are girls who are into collarbones
I'm getting a bit bored of the whole obsession over contouring/strobing/highlighting etc. It's just a bit heavy sometimes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

block eyebrows

cat eye on every makeup look - seriously someamazing youtubers create beautiful looks then they slap on a ridiculous wing...it actually kills me

OTT contouring and highlighting - when people contour with a dark colour, blush with a pink or red, and higlight or illuminate, and you can LITERALLY SEE 3 BLOCK LINES!!! I'M LIKE HALLLOOO?!? EVER HEARD OF BLENDING???

getting carried away with highlighting - i saw a girl the other day and she looked like she was drowinging in cooking oil.

contouring collarbones - are people mad. everybody's got them and the only people who notice collarbones are girls who are into collarbones

Posted from TSR Mobile

block eyebrows

also when people over conceal their undereyes
it takes away the natural shadow (the most important contour of the face!!) and makes the under eye look like a flat plane, and that ultimately makes the eye look smaller and less round

Quick Reply

Latest