The Student Room Group

People who bullied me in school are trying to add me on Facebook

I've left school five years ago and haven't seen them since. I'm glad as they used to make my life really miserable and all I thought about was leaving school.

I deleted them ages ago on facebook and for some reason all of them are trying to add me in one go now.

I don't really see why. We live in different cities, we weren't friends anyway, and we've not spoke in five years.

What should I do? I mean if these people are coming with some sort of apology I'll be ok, but other than that, there is no real benefit.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I've left school five years ago and haven't seen them since. I'm glad as they used to make my life really miserable and all I thought about was leaving school.

I deleted them ages ago on facebook and for some reason all of them are trying to add me in one go now.

I don't really see why. We live in different cities, we weren't friends anyway, and we've not spoke in five years.

What should I do? I mean if these people are coming with some sort of apology I'll be ok, but other than that, there is no real benefit.

I would block them. That way, they can't message you or keep trying to add you.
Block them I guess, I don't know why they would even think about you after 5 years :laugh:
Just ignore the requests and make sure your profile is private etc. so they can't see what you're up to. Seems a bit out of the blue randomly adding you after all this time, they are clearly still stuck in the past as a lot of bullies tend to end up once they leave the bubble that is high school.

Block them and don't think about them ever again
I wouldn't add them, just forget them completely. If you didn't like them then you're probably still wont like them now :s-smilie:
Block block block. Even if they were saying sorry... It means nothing they're out of your life and that's the most important thing. If they had any sense they'd **** off.
Block duh !
Reply 8
one girl who bullied me at school added me on fb a few years after leaving school.
she bullied me so bad i didnt go back to school and missed 1/2 of year 11.
i asked her why she was adding me and she apologised for everything and was real genuine about it and we actually talk now
Block them all. Don't be tempted to add them. They're up to no good.
Add them and then you'll have more Facebook friends.
Block them. :smile:
dont ever add them, like others said block them because there are high chances of cyber bullying :cute: xx
Yeah just block, ignore them and make sure they don't have access to anything on your profile. I wouldn't trust them ever after what they did to you.
Original post by shawtyb
one girl who bullied me at school added me on fb a few years after leaving school.
she bullied me so bad i didnt go back to school and missed 1/2 of year 11.
i asked her why she was adding me and she apologised for everything and was real genuine about it and we actually talk now

would love to read the apology she sent, it's not common that this happens.
Original post by indigofox
would love to read the apology she sent, it's not common that this happens.

i know.
i think its because she realised just how bad she was and the fact she now has kids which made her think about the possibility of her own kids getting bullied when they hit school age.

her and one other guy i went school with are the only two (out of at least 20 that bullied me) that has said sorry
Reply 16
because they're f-ing idiotsone is probably the ring leader and the others are probably just following on thinking they're funny s--t

happened to me too. The thing is people who bullied you might not remember doing it. They might remember it as just having fun. bullies often dont know that they are bullying,
you've probably just popped up as 'someone you might know' and so they've added you as some people just love to have loads of friends on their friends list

you might (rightly!) feel they bullied you but often bullies don't realise what they're doing is really affecting someone so to them there might be no reason not to add you
Thanks for all the replies. And yes, I probably won't add them, as I don't know even after five years, these people have matured into not doing something stupid in my picture comments. Some people never grow up.
If I do receive a sincere apology on my messages, I'd forgive and reconsider. However, there is just no point, we've moved to different cities, got a whole bunch of new contacts.

Also like some others mentioned, these people probably didn't realise what they were doing so its easier just to leave it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending