The Student Room Group

Will this A level choice contibute to university offers?

I have two options:
1. Study A level Psychology, Biology OR English Lit and BTEC sub diploma in sport at a sixth form where I know the teachers are good
2. Study A level Psychology, Geography OR Biology and A level Sport at my local college

The main goal is to get into a top university for sport science, I am wondering if the btec and 2 a levels will be viewed differently to 3 a levels (checked unis and they accept both but unsure as to whether there is a preference). Thanks :-)
Reply 1
Definitely not a preference unless you're talking really high unis (Oxbridge and the like). Start enquiring now at unis. For instance, i doubt that Loughborough (one of the top unis for sport science) will mind you doing a BTEC, but i would definitely look at unis now and ask them before you make any decisions.
Original post by KBSc
Definitely not a preference unless you're talking really high unis (Oxbridge and the like). Start enquiring now at unis. For instance, i doubt that Loughborough (one of the top unis for sport science) will mind you doing a BTEC, but i would definitely look at unis now and ask them before you make any decisions.

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest