The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Ecology & Wildlife Conservation BSc

I've been hoping to apply to bournemouth to study Ecology and Wildlife conservation.

I would really appreciate any information students can give me about this course, uni life or anything you feel is of note.
Reply 1
Original post by izzie_888
I've been hoping to apply to bournemouth to study Ecology and Wildlife conservation.

I would really appreciate any information students can give me about this course, uni life or anything you feel is of note.

Hi Lizzie,

I have just finished my MSc in Forensic Toxicology at BU (and also done my BSc in Forensic Science at BU) so hopefully can give you a bit of advice.

The department of SciTech at BU is amazing, all the courses are led by professionals in the field (most of whom are still currently researching and you might have the opportunity to assist on their own research projects). The BSc you have applied for in particular is great as you get a lot of opportunity to do field work (going out to conservation sites and performing ecological research their) I also know that a lot of people on the course go to amazing countries to complete research there which is a bonus!

Bournemouth as an area is amazing for university life (I come from London) it has a great night-life, plus the beach is awesome!

I would recommend staying in a halls of residence for your first year to get the full university experience

Hope this helps

Gina
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending