The Student Room Group

~Gingerbread's road to Law~

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SinsNotTragedies
Thank you again! :ahee: God, I hope I meet my offer - the literature thread did scare me a bit because I saw people discussing quite advanced concepts I had never covered in class... But I think it went okay regardless. :grin:

I haven't looked at the thread, but don't worry about it either way :nah: you don't need advanced concepts if your interpretations aren't about advanced concepts - both can be just as valid :tongue:
@Gingerbread101 Congratulations on finishing them all! :h:
Original post by Gingerbread101
I haven't looked at the thread, but don't worry about it either way :nah: you don't need advanced concepts if your interpretations aren't about advanced concepts - both can be just as valid :tongue:

Ahhhhh phew :lol: - I should have resolved to avoid the threads tbh. :afraid: :giggle:
Original post by MrDystopia
@Gingerbread101 Congratulations on finishing them all! :h:

Thank youu :hugs:
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
Ahhhhh phew :lol: - I should have resolved to avoid the threads tbh. :afraid: :giggle:

They always draw us in :lol:
Update 19/06/2016

After the last haul, I'm finally finished with all things A Level...

My Language exam went well, and while I don't think I included enough of one of the assessment objectives, I think I've got a solid A (which despite my target being an A*, is all I was really hoping for). I guess we'll see on Results Day whether I did manage to get an A*, but either way I'll be happy.

For Literature I really liked the paper and everything went smoothly! I'm hoping I did enough to get an A* in that.

Honestly, I really think doing this blog has helped me revise. I've revised way more than I ever expected to, and for the first time in my exams, I've gone in feeling confident and came out feeling like my revision has paid off. I don't think I've ever known so much about my subjects! This blog has really motivated me to study, even to the point where I'd think "I have to make sure I have something to post!"

Russia: DONE
Gen St 1: DONE
Gen St 2: DONE
Gen St 3: DONE
History: DONE
Gen St 4: DONE
Language: DONE
Literature: DONE
Planning the rest of my holiday

I'm planning on getting back into bullet journal-ing to add some structure to my summer so I make the most of it.

Here's my first little plan for tomorrow and Tuesday, I hope you guys like it!

Now my studying has officially finished, I want to try and help you guys! Let me know if you want me to make any printables, to give you tips for motivation, whatever!

~Gingerbread~

Quotes

Well done :hugs: :woo:
Congrats on finishing and best of luck.

Thank you for keeping us updated.
You've finished? Lucky bugger.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone who wants to keep up to date on my life can do so over on my Summer Blog :ninja:
Update 18/02/2016

Results Day didn't really go as planned...

I got AAB (with the B in English Language), with my A in History being 1 mark off an A* and English Language being dragged down by a D in the exam. My offer for Durham was A*AA, and York was AAA but they still accepted me. I was very surprised about the D, so I'm getting the English Language exam remarked as well as the History to hopefully gain 4 marks in English and 1 mark in History to bring my grades up to A*AA and then hopefully Durham will reconsider me.

Russia: 87 UMS, 76/100, A
Gen St 1: 94 UMS, 55/65, A
Gen St 2: 100 UMS, 55-65/65, A
Gen St 3: 70 UMS, 40/70, B
History: 107 UMS, 97/120, A
Gen St 4: 82 UMS, 48/70, A
Language: 70 UMS, 49/96, D
Literature: 87 UMS, 53/80, B

My coursework was my saving grace really, so I hope you guys have done better than me!

~Gingerbread~

Quotes

(edited 7 years ago)
Glad York still let you in @gingerbread101.

Best of luck with the remarks. And so sorry :console: :hugs:.
Sorry about the unexpected results. Well done anyway for doing this well :smile: You've kept probably the best study blog on here, and from all your pictures you seem to have worked SO hard. I really hope it all works out.

Take care
Update 18/02/2016

Results Day didn't really go as planned...

I got AAB (with the B in English Language), with my A in History being 1 mark off an A* and English Language being dragged down by a D in the exam. My offer for Durham was A*AA, and York was AAA but they still accepted me. I was very surprised about the D, so I'm getting the English Language exam remarked as well as the History to hopefully gain 4 marks in English and 1 mark in History to bring my grades up to A*AA and then hopefully Durham will reconsider me.

Russia: 87 UMS, 76/100, A
Gen St 1: 94 UMS, 55/65, A
Gen St 2: 100 UMS, 55-65/00, A
Gen St 3: 70 UMS, 40/70, B
History: 107 UMS, 97/120, A
Gen St 4: 82 UMS, 48/70, A
Language: 70 UMS, 49/96, D
Literature: 87 UMS, 53/80, B

My coursework was my saving grace really, so I hope you guys have done better than me!

~Gingerbread~

Quotes

:hugs: It will be okay, I promise
Original post by Kvothe the arcane
Glad York still let you in @gingerbread101.

Best of luck with the remarks. And so sorry :console: :hugs:.

I think I probably will go there if the remarks don't work out :redface:
Original post by Student403
Sorry about the unexpected results. Well done anyway for doing this well :smile: You've kept probably the best study blog on here, and from all your pictures you seem to have worked SO hard. I really hope it all works out.

Take care

Thanks :redface: I really wish things had paid off a bit more... perhaps I'm just not as good in exam situations as I used to be
It will be okay, those are still brilliant results <3
Original post by claireestelle
It will be okay, those are still brilliant results <3

I hope so, thank you
I hope so, thank you

Uni study is a different kettle of fish, so don't worry too much about exams okay :smile:
Reply 637
York Law is awesome :wink: If Durham doesn't work out I think that you're going to have a brilliant time at York. :h:
Original post by Assan
York Law is awesome :wink: If Durham doesn't work out I think that you're going to have a brilliant time at York. :h:

Thank you, I hope so :redface:
Well done!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending