Scroll to see replies

Results:

Law - Predicted B / Achieved A
Business - Predicted B / Achieved A
Philosophy and Ethics - Predicted B / Achieved A
Applied ICT - Predicted B / Achieved B
World Development - Predicted B / Achieved C

Comments:

Business was new spec so I've dropped it and kept the AS as an A so I don't risk losing it when I resit the whole thing next year anyway. I might submit some more coursework for world development to boost it to a B. Kept everything else.

Future Ambitions:

I hope to go to the University of Liverpool to study law!
Law - A (predicted - A)
Psychology - A (predicted - A)
Business - B (predicted - A)
Biology - C (predicted - B)

p happy with biology cause i was being optimistic wishing for a D lmao (ALSO I FINALLY GOT TO DROP IT WOOOO)
law i thought i'd bombed - i nearly cried during the exams bc i couldnt remember anything
unhappy with business but obviously i have to redo the exams next year so i can get an A
Results

English Lit: Predicted B / Achieved A
Maths: Predicted B / Achieved A
Politics: Predicted A / Achieved A

Comments and Reactions
SO SO happy like I am literally in shock! Had to cry didn't I... Glad all the hard work and extra hours finalllly paid off!

Future ambitions
No idea... want to do a Politics degree but not sure what uni! Soooo many choices.
Physics: expected: C (that exam was tough!) Achieved:A
Biology: expected A\B Achieved:B
Chemistry: expected A\B Achieved: B
History: expected: A Achieved: B

Overall fairly pleased, since i am dropping physics and the other three don't count towards final A level (i gather) I believe that i've jumped through one hoop for medicine at Birmingham, Keele, Cardiff or a yet to be decided Uni.
As long as I crack down and get on with the work I am quietly confident of meeting the criteria.

On a lighter note: i realised two weeks ago that i booked my ukcat for today and so had to change it for the 31st :biggrin:

Kind regards,

Sam
Reply 204
AS Chemistry - A
AS Physics - A
AS Mathematics - A
A2 Mathematics - A*

Pretty ecstatic, especially with my maths module marks.

(My school does AS+A2 Maths in Y12 and AS+A2 Further Maths in Y13 for some reason).
Original post by cathasatail
Physics: expected: C (that exam was tough!) Achieved:A
Biology: expected A\B Achieved:B
Chemistry: expected A\B Achieved: B
History: expected: A Achieved: B

Overall fairly pleased, since i am dropping physics and the other three don't count towards final A level (i gather) I believe that i've jumped through one hoop for medicine at Birmingham, Keele, Cardiff or a yet to be decided Uni.
As long as I crack down and get on with the work I am quietly confident of meeting the criteria.

On a lighter note: i realised two weeks ago that i booked my ukcat for today and so had to change it for the 31st :biggrin:

Kind regards,

Sam

I can't believe they would do UKCAT on results day?! :shock:
4 A's in Biology, Physics chemistry and maths. It's what I expected and I worked pretty hard I'm the last third of the course when I realised winging it wasn't going to work (partly due to the ocr practice Biology paper). What's worrying is I got 0/0 in everything apart from maths. Is my performance undefined? Screenshot_2016-08-18-12-18-40.png
Results
Geography: Predicted A / Achieved A (full UMS!)
Maths: Predicted A / Achieved A (292/300UMS)
Biology: Predicted B / Achieved A
Psychology: Predicted B / Achieved A (dropping)

Comments and Reactions
So happy with my geography! :biggrin: and very surprised with my biology (was expecting a c)

Future Ambition
Geography at uni (probably UEA)
Original post by h3rmit
4 A's in Biology, Physics chemistry and maths. It's what I expected and I worked pretty hard I'm the last third of the course when I realised winging it wasn't going to work (partly due to the ocr practice Biology paper). What's worrying is I got 0/0 in everything apart from maths. Is my performance undefined? Screenshot_2016-08-18-12-18-40.png

Is this like your school or college's website? I imagine they just haven't typed the actual marks in yet so that's why it's 0/0.
Biology A (predicted A)
Maths A (predicted A)
Chemistry B (predicted A)
Business B (predicted B)

Do you all think I should still apply to medicine?
Original post by rayquaza17
I can't believe they would do UKCAT on results day?! :shock:

Yep and the strange thing is, is that i checked when i rebooked it and there were no more spaces left on the 18th/today!!! Either those people were like me and foolishly booked it on the wrong day or they are astonishingly confident!

Sam
Results:

Music - Predicted A / Achieved A
Maths - Predicted A / Achieved A
Further Maths - Predicted A / Achieved A
History - Predicted A* (Don't ask) / Achieved C

Comments:

Pleased overall. Bit surprised about getting a D in Music composition but that's how coursework rolls sometimes and still managed to just about scrape an A. Hoped for a B in history but not disappointed with a C. Fortunate to be pretty decent at Maths exams so happy man

Future Ambitions:

Studying Music, looking at Royal Holloway, Oxford, Manchester etc.
Reply 212
I got 250 UMS on my maths AS but how can I get an A* in the whole A-level maths course? im doing AQA maths
Original post by h3rmit

I did maths and physics with those specs as well and I have marks for maths but none for physics, so I wouldn't worry :smile:
Original post by lemonandlime1
All wjec

Chemistry: predicted = u / achieved = C
Biology: predicted = u / achieved = B
ICT: predicted = b / achieved = A

So so happy

Well done! 😊
Original post by Vividly clear
Where did you apply to?

I'm going to be applying to Cambridge to read CompSci + Maths - that means I need A*A*A at A-level.
Maths:A Further Maths:A Physics:B Chemistry:C
I dropped the **** out of chemistry and I'm glad it's gone for good
Wasn't expecting the A in Further maths. Was a very pleasant surprise.
Original post by hogree
Results:

Music - Predicted A / Achieved A
Maths - Predicted A / Achieved A
Further Maths - Predicted A / Achieved A
History - Predicted A* (Don't ask) / Achieved C

May I say you've got a nice mix of subjects there! (I'm judging by your decision to do further maths without taking a science means that you study mathematics for its own sake rather than merely as a tool for practical situations. Nice to see a fellow pure mathematician! :smile: ) Also, congrats on your grades!
Not quite sure how i did this, but in paper 1 English I got 12/50 lowest in my class, and in paper 2 I got 46/50 highest in my class.
Results

Maths: Predicted A* / Achieved A.

Further Maths: Predicted A* / Achieved A.

Comments and reactions
Pretty pleased! I'm a little disappointed that I got 86 UMS for FP1 as I got 100 on the 3 applied modules and core 1 & 94 on core 2...I'm nervous for fp2 next year. :s-smilie:

For AQA Further Maths, what are the requirements for an A*? Thanks!

My school didn't enter us for the physics or history AS and instead we did these 'in-house' tests and coursework...I think my school are a little tight. :tea:

Future ambitions
Hoping to study maths at Cambridge, but unsure exactly what I want to do after that. :llama:

Quick Reply

Latest