The Student Room Group

Volunteer at charity shop

I am going to start volunteering at a local charity shop and I was wondering how many months do they usually expect you to volunteer?
Reply 1
As many as you're able/willing to. I volunteered in a charity shop for well over a year during my GCSEs and during that time we had people come and go often depending on their other responsibilities. Even just one months volunteering will help a shop immensely! But the longer the better, obviously.
Thank you so much for helping me out. ?😊
Original post by Petrue
As many as you're able/willing to. I volunteered in a charity shop for well over a year during my GCSEs and during that time we had people come and go often depending on their other responsibilities. Even just one months volunteering will help a shop immensely! But the longer the better, obviously.
Original post by Sophiesam771
I am going to start volunteering at a local charity shop and I was wondering how many months do they usually expect you to volunteer?

As long as you want to really.
Some people volunteer for weeks, months or years, depending on their commitments etc. Theres no set amount of time you have to volunteer for.

I volunteered for about 6months
It sounds like a lot but I just did one day a week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I volunteered at a charity shop for about 2 years, eventually got trained to become a relief manager, which I got paid for.
Reply 6
Sometimes charity shops are in such desperate need for volunteers that they'll take short term volunteers too for a few weeks/months.

They'll be grateful for any amount of time you can volunteer for! Even one day a week for a few months would be good :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending