The Student Room Group

Stop acting like big babies for Results Day!

I know a lot of you have failed and some of you know it but they're only GCSEs!
It's much easier for us to say that now that we've done GCSEs and seen how easy it is compared to A level and degree work. But we were just as worried about GCSE results when we were in year 11
Reply 2
Original post by Neymar da Silva

I understand your point, but you expressed your opinion in an extremely stupid and childish manner.
Original post by Pinkberry_y
It's much easier for us to say that now that we've done GCSEs and seen how easy it is compared to A level and degree work. But we were just as worried about GCSE results when we were in year 11

I have just finished Year 11!

Wow arent you the big person. See what it feels like if you fail them all.
Absolutely nothing wrong about worrying about getting your GCSE results, worrying is completely normal. They're the first big results people are going to get, of course people are going to be nervous! It's great that you're not worried but have some consideration for those that are, as a lot of people worked incredibly hard for this day :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
People have a right to be stressed out, but try to keep it to a healthy level; you'll be able to do something whatever results you get. Some people aren't meant for the education system/academia and that's okay :smile: Good luck to everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
1A* at GCSE but still buying Lambos
Original post by SuperHuman98
1A* at GCSE but still buying Lambos

Oh don't that reminds me of Jeremy Clarkson's annual Twitter status of 'I got an E and U' or whatever it is he got and I'm a millionaire/on a med yaht
Why wouldn't you worry about something you spent months of revision and time on? Something that means so much to you and your desperate to achieve your aims. Maybe after you may think GCSE's are not much of a deal but until then they will worry. And anyway you cant even get into certain colleges without a certain grade.
They probably won't matter to us in a year or two when we are about to get out a level results and we may not even remember what our GCSE results were but at the moment they are the first big results we are going to get. For many including me they will be a motivation to continue doing better next year.
Stop worrying about something I've spent the past two years of my life working on? Nah
It's not the actual result that worries most of us, most of us know we're going to get our sixth form places, it's the fact what we worked and revised for may not be up to our standard/meet our expectations of the grades we're hoping for :smile:

I apologise for having a conscience.

Partially true. Got pretty strong grades and I don't even think they're that useful.
Reply 15
Call me an optimist but results day does not really concern me at this point; because I know that regardless of the grades I'm gonna try and do well at A-Levels. The last nightmare I had about it was a month ago and since then I have been trying to get ahead for A-Levels.
A lot of us know that GCSE results are a small thing in the long run but to date this is the biggest thing many of us have worked for. many people spent weeks/months revising so of course they are worrying about if they did well or not.
Also, it not just the results that worry people its about getting into things like sixth form and collage which can then lead to things like uni.

Quick Reply

Latest