The Student Room Group

Remark Dilemma

I recently recieved my Maths Grade A (273 UMS) and Further Maths Grade B (220 UMS)

C1- 97
C2- 92
S1- 80

FP1- 74
D1- 84
D2- 66

If my modules were rearranged Logically I would have 238 UMS in further Maths leaving me 2 UMS (1 raw mark) off the A grade. If I remark my D1 as i was so sure i got 100 UMS will the 220 increase or will they rearrange everything automatically causing the total maths and further maths UMS to change?
Original post by Nuggetsarelife
I recently recieved my Maths Grade A (273 UMS) and Further Maths Grade B (220 UMS)

C1- 97
C2- 92
S1- 80

FP1- 74
D1- 84
D2- 66

If my modules were rearranged Logically I would have 238 UMS in further Maths leaving me 2 UMS (1 raw mark) off the A grade. If I remark my D1 as i was so sure i got 100 UMS will the 220 increase or will they rearrange everything automatically causing the total maths and further maths UMS to change?

Don't understand what you mean by "If my modules were rearranged Logically I would have 238 UMS in further Maths"
Your results have been arranged according to the specification rules. D2 cannot count in maths AS.
If a remark improves D1 then your FM AS ums would increase.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gdunne42
Don't understand what you mean by "If my modules were rearranged Logically I would have 238 UMS in further Maths"
Your results have been arranged according to the specification rules. D2 cannot count in maths AS.

Posted from TSR Mobile

D2 can't be put in Maths AS? 😭
Reply 3

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd definitely check with the exam board if you're unsure what modules can go where.

Ive just completed A level maths in yr12 (WJEC) but my AS ums could've been higher if they'd rearranged my modules differently. I had 99 in S1 and 93 in M1, they put M1 as part of my AS grade, totalling 293/300. This doesn't really make any difference for me but they obviously don't check thoroughly whether or not they are giving the highest possibly UMS score from your modules!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 98matt
I'd definitely check with the exam board if you're unsure what modules can go where.

Ive just completed A level maths in yr12 (WJEC) but my AS ums could've been higher if they'd rearranged my modules differently. I had 99 in S1 and 93 in M1, they put M1 as part of my AS grade, totalling 293/300. This doesn't really make any difference for me but they obviously don't check thoroughly whether or not they are giving the highest possibly UMS score from your modules!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I assume that message is for the original poster.
D2 cannot be used in AS maths for any examiner.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
I assume that message is for the original poster.
D2 cannot be used in AS maths for any examiner.

Oh yes sorry, aha I didn't mean to quote you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest