The Student Room Group

GCSE question about applications and methods.

I have got an A* in methods of maths and an A* in applications in maths. Does this count as 2 A*(will LSE or Oxbridge count it as 1 or 2 A*) and next year I will stats and the new gcse ( if i get an 8 in the new gcse and A* in stats). Will it count as 3/4 A*'s or just 1 A* under maths? Any response is appreciated.
Thanks,
Nathan
Are these modules within the course? If they're simply modules then it'll count as one A*. If you took maths and further maths, achieving A*s in both, you'll have 2 A*s. :smile:
Original post by iEthan
Are these modules within the course? If they're simply modules then it'll count as one A*. If you took maths and further maths, achieving A*s in both, you'll have 2 A*s. :smile:

They are classed as 2 different GCSE's under AQA. There were 4 papers, 2 papers for each GCSE. It is a linked pair pilot. One is in methods of mathematics and one is the applications of Mathematics. I got a* in each of the 4 papers which were modules. Thanks for your response and based on what I've said will it be 1 or 2 A*'s even though they are 2 maths GCSE's
Original post by nathan1276
They are classed as 2 different GCSE's under AQA. There were 4 papers, 2 papers for each GCSE. It is a linked pair pilot. One is in methods of mathematics and one is the applications of Mathematics. I got a* in each of the 4 papers which were modules. Thanks for your response and based on what I've said will it be 1 or 2 A*'s even though they are 2 maths GCSE's

If they're two GCSEs, then it'll be 2A*s :woo:

You did very well, congratulations!
Thankyou for your kind words and for your time. So will oxbridge and LSE recognize it as 2 A*.Ive heard the average applicant has 7-8 A* so I was just wondering whether this would count to them.

Quick Reply

Latest