The Student Room Group

A level choices for a history and politics degree (updated)

Gonna do history, english, media and economics a levels for the next two years and was wondering if you guys thought these were good choices for the degree i want to do (i would have done sociology or politics but the options are unavailable). I know media is pretty much useless but i wanted to do it because its something i enjoy! Anyway, what do you guys think? Do i stand a decent chance of getting into the degree course if i got the grades?
Original post by MadWolf
Gonna do history, english, media and economics a levels for the next two years and was wondering if you guys thought these were good choices for the degree i want to do (i would have done sociology or politics but the options are unavailable). I know media is pretty much useless but i wanted to do it because its something i enjoy! Anyway, what do you guys think? Do i stand a decent chance of getting into the degree course if i got the grades?

You have 3 facilitating subjects (Eco, English and History) so you'll be fine!

If you think Media is useless, don't study it? 4 A-levels is unnecessary to do for 2 years.
Reply 2
Original post by The Empire Odyssey
You have 3 facilitating subjects (Eco, English and History) so you'll be fine!

If you think Media is useless, don't study it? 4 A-levels is unnecessary to do for 2 years.

Ok thats pretty good to hear. Wasn't sure if it would be a big deal that i woulden't have a sociology/politics a level but from what you said there i'm starting to relax a little.

I'm gonna do media for the trial period and then see if i want to drop it in october.
It's an enjoyable subject but not worth it if its gonna bring down my other grades due to workload.

Quick Reply

Latest