The Student Room Group

PWC Flying Start discussion

Anybody else applying for this programme?
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dom117117
Anybody else applying for this programme?

yep for notts, what were your AS grades?
Reply 2
Original post by citibankrec
yep for notts, what were your AS grades?

Unreformed: A* Certificate in financial studies, A maths.
Reformed: B history, C economics and E in English Lit.
Defiantly not the best, I'm still angry about English, yet I think I still have a good chance to get in.I'm thinking about applying to Newcastle. What about your grades?
Unreformed: A* Certificate in financial studies, A maths.
Reformed: B history, C economics and E in English Lit.
Defiantly not the best, I'm still angry about English, yet I think I still have a good chance to get in.I'm thinking about applying to Newcastle. What about your grades?

Whats financial studies? :P sounds interesting.

My Grades:

A- Economics A- GovPol B- History, might remark as i'm 1 off C- Maths, screwed up C1 lol

As i said i think i'll be applying to Nottingham, I did the PwC internship/ Insight week last week so I hope that boosts me a bit
Reply 4
Whats financial studies? :P sounds interesting.

My Grades:

A- Economics A- GovPol B- History, might remark as i'm 1 off C- Maths, screwed up C1 lol

As i said i think i'll be applying to Nottingham, I did the PwC internship/ Insight week last week so I hope that boosts me a bit

Yeah that's great mate, I applied for the PwC internship but messed up the application. How was the internship? Learn anything good?
Financial studies, part of IFS, just a additional study but hopefully it makes me stand out.
(edited 7 years ago)
Yeah that's great mate, I applied for the PwC internship but messed up the application. How was the internship? Learn anything good?
Financial studies, part of IFS, just a additional study but hopefully it makes me stand out.

Pretty damn good, we were all treated like a member of staff.

Lunch provided, travel reimbursed, group evening meals out, given laptops worth £1500, paid £300 for the week. I also got too shadow and go to meetings with the clients, met partners etc It was a jammed packed week.

I didn't really learn much about audit but learnt alot about PwC and the world of work. Apparently it was super competitive with only 77 places and over 1000 applicants.
Reply 6
Pretty damn good, we were all treated like a member of staff.

Lunch provided, travel reimbursed, group evening meals out, given laptops worth £1500, paid £300 for the week. I also got too shadow and go to meetings with the clients, met partners etc It was a jammed packed week.

I didn't really learn much about audit but learnt alot about PwC and the world of work. Apparently it was super competitive with only 77 places and over 1000 applicants.

Well that's a great impression of the company; I defiantly missed out. I hope I do better this time round, any tips on the application process? Last time I only got average on the numerical and above average on the verbal.
Well that's a great impression of the company; I defiantly missed out. I hope I do better this time round, any tips on the application process? Last time I only got average on the numerical and above average on the verbal.

Practice the tests a lot.

For the group test do not dominate or get pushed around just stay somewhere in the middle if that makes any sense.

Research the company a lot for the interviews. Give STAR responses.
Reply 8
Practice the tests a lot.

For the group test do not dominate or get pushed around just stay somewhere in the middle if that makes any sense.

Research the company a lot for the interviews. Give STAR responses.

Yeah thanks, using Assessmentday to practice, as I know the numerical will be impossible. Should be prepared when applications open.....
Yeah thanks, using Assessmentday to practice, as I know the numerical will be impossible. Should be prepared when applications open.....

I think the numerical will be do-able, I think the time constraint is the worst thing.
Reply 10
I'm planning to apply too, which unis are you applying? When are you planning to submit your application?
Reply 11
Original post by natnats
I'm planning to apply too, which unis are you applying? When are you planning to submit your application?

Im planning to apply to Reading as soon as possible so for my college early October. Also there's no aptitude tests at the start so it's all down to ur ucas😅
Reply 12
Im planning to apply to Reading as soon as possible so for my college early October. Also there's no aptitude tests at the start so it's all down to ur ucas😅

Only Reading? Good luck though! I think you gonna get in :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by natnats
Only Reading? Good luck though! I think you gonna get in :smile:

Thanks you too😄 Reading has a 50% offer rate for this course while Nots has only 35% plus I like the location of Reading and New is too far.
Reply 14
Thanks you too😄 Reading has a 50% offer rate for this course while Nots has only 35% plus I like the location of Reading and New is too far.

Oh didnt know that thanks for the info. But what other courses or unis are you applying to? Btw, do you think being an international student would be a disadvantage?
Reply 15
Original post by natnats
Oh didnt know that thanks for the info. But what other courses or unis are you applying to? Btw, do you think being an international student would be a disadvantage?

Okay I've just had look. If you can't make the Assessment Day then you'd do online tests and a telephone interview. In theory you shouldn't be at a disadvantage yet it depends on if you can demonstrate the required skills over the phone, I know I would find that harder. I'm also applying to other accounting degrees my target being Loughborough or Bath.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 16
Okay I've just had look. If you can't make the Assessment Day then you'd do online tests and a telephone interview. In theory you shouldn't be at a disadvantage yet it depends on if you can demonstrate the required skills over the phone, I know I would find that harder. I'm also applying to other accounting degrees my target being Loughborough or Bath.

I'm studying in the UK though, but thanks for looking it up. I'm thinking of Loughborough too.
Reply 17
Original post by _niki
Just wondering about the timeline of the application process etc..I completed the Business Insight Week at PwC so I'm already fast-tracked to an assessment centre. So would I be right in assuming that we'd only receive a conditional offer if we pass the assessment centre? And does anyone know approximately when during the year all this would occur?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm pretty sure if you pass the AC then you'd get a conditional. I think the ACs are in December but it depends on the uni. You can always email them doubt they'll mind😀
Reply 18
Anyone else on the supplementary form stage??😄
Anyone else on the supplementary form stage??😄

not yet i've just submitted. How long after the ucas submission did they send you the supplementary form?

Also do you know if we get to choose our office during the placement?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending