The Student Room Group

Found bugs on my makeup!!!

So I put some of my eyeshadow palettes on the floor in my room and left them there for a few weeks. When using one today I found a TINY mite crawling on my eyeshdows, upon searching some other palettes I found some more. There expensive palettes and I dont want to throw them away- should I just throw them away or get an antibacterial makeup spray?
Reply 1
They sound like the little mites you get in the kitchen cupboards and pantries. I'm sure they're not dangerous and you don't have to throw your makeup away. Maybe you could use antibacterial makeup spray if there is some. The mites may be where you are storing your makeup.
You should definitely throw it away. What if you get an eye infection or something?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hardly going to give you an infeciton- but that's pretty rank to keep.
Original post by hollywoodbudgie
Hardly going to give you an infeciton- but that's pretty rank to keep.

even if i put antibac spray on it?
Demodex and yes u have to throw it away and when you replace it get the kind you have to squeeze out and onto a cloth or sponge that u throw away. Not your finger .you actually can see them if you take a picture and then use the negative filter.
Chuck ittt
Reply 7
why would you keep make up on the floor?
They are demodex and you have to throw it away and when you replace it get the kinds that u squeeze out and put on your face with something disposable. They love to travel the finger bus to your face. I recently discovered that you can see them if you take a picture and then use the negative filter. Scary...I'm sterilizing everything right now actually. It's been 9 months I've been battling them. Also, they live in your scalp, ears,nose....
I would throw it out because of future eye infections. I would have to say, you don’t keep makeup on floor for “weeks”. You should have kept them somewhere safe, cold, so no bacteria could reach it or grow on it.
I use Elfs makeup sanitizer by prohygiene.
Hard to get liquid eye shadow though... they were in her eye shadow palettes eek I had a bug infestation here and they got into my makeup as well but mostly into an eye brow cream they unscrewed the lid and made their way. Painful and I chucked jt no doubt but If it were me and my eye shadow palettes I would just spray rubbing alcohol on to sterilize them as it dries quickly and should do the trick....
Original post by Heidi 73
Hard to get liquid eye shadow though... they were in her eye shadow palettes eek I had a bug infestation here and they got into my makeup as well but mostly into an eye brow cream they unscrewed the lid and made their way. Painful and I chucked jt no doubt but If it were me and my eye shadow palettes I would just spray rubbing alcohol on to sterilize them as it dries quickly and should do the trick....

:eek:

Quick Reply

Latest