The Student Room Group

Changing to (crash) higher biology at this stage - bad idea?

I'm currently in sixth year, and after some research for some uni courses, I think that taking biology would seriously help me get into what I'm aiming for. However it is very late to change my subjects (missed like 6 weeks of work) - should I not bother, and just continue doing AH English? I understand that it'd be a lot of work since it would be crashing so I'm not sure if this is the best idea.

After changing, my subjects for this year will be crash higher geography, crash higher biology, higher computing, and higher chemistry resit (hoping to improve my C)
Original post by hyomin
I'm currently in sixth year, and after some research for some uni courses, I think that taking biology would seriously help me get into what I'm aiming for. However it is very late to change my subjects (missed like 6 weeks of work) - should I not bother, and just continue doing AH English? I understand that it'd be a lot of work since it would be crashing so I'm not sure if this is the best idea.

After changing, my subjects for this year will be crash higher geography, crash higher biology, higher computing, and higher chemistry resit (hoping to improve my C)

If you want to change anything, do it now as soon as possible. Obviously you'll have a lot of work to catch up on but it's not impossible. You'll just need to study a lot at home and take it upon yourself to catch up on everything you've missed. Biology is just one of those subjects that are easy to crash, because you don't need to know a lot of information from National 5, and it's still do-able. If you are going to crash Higher biology, I recommend buying a National 5 How to Pass textbook for Biology and just glancing over notes to get a good background on what you'll be studying for higher. If you think you can handle it, go for it. Good luck.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by sameehaiqbal
If you want to change anything, do it now as soon as possible. Obviously you'll have a lot of work to catch up on but it's not impossible. You'll just need to study a lot at home and take it upon yourself to catch up on everything you've missed. Biology is just one of those subjects that are easy to crash, because you don't need to know a lot of information from National 5, and it's still do-able. If you are going to crash Higher biology, I recommend buying a National 5 How to Pass textbook for Biology and just glancing over notes to get a good background on what you'll be studying for higher. If you think you can handle it, go for it. Good luck.

Thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending