The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by King86
Thanks, it was HO.
This is from last years campaign,
CSR/159/16

On one hand I'm delighted for you, well done :smile:

On the other hand you've just crushed all my hopes of getting feedback on my interview for this years campaign any time soon :frown:
Original post by Vereor
On one hand I'm delighted for you, well done :smile:

On the other hand you've just crushed all my hopes of getting feedback on my interview for this years campaign any time soon :frown:

Sheesh! Me too, I mean, last years campaign!! I'm so over this recruitment process! It's madness!
Reply 1062
yea i was put on the reserve list in December 2015, then in May 2016 then gave me a provisional offer. I was meant to start in October but im on holiday so had to push it back to November.

It is a long process, you just gotta stick it through
Original post by King86
yea i was put on the reserve list in December 2015, then in May 2016 then gave me a provisional offer. I was meant to start in October but im on holiday so had to push it back to November.

Did u have to ask hmrc to defer the start date due to the holiday? and if you dont mind me asking, how long was the holiday for?
Thanks
Original post by King86

I can cope with being put on the reserve list, at least I know where I stand then! Something would be better than the current nothing
Reply 1065
Original post by shahima589
Did u have to ask hmrc to defer the start date due to the holiday? and if you dont mind me asking, how long was the holiday for?
Thanks

Yea so they offered me an october start date, I just replied saying that i am on holiday and asked for the start date to be for when i get back, and they were fine with it and gave me a new start date a few days later

holidays for 2 weeks
I just got this from the recruitment team in relation to CSR/1320/16 - Higher Officer Caseworkers (Tax Professional and Operational Delivery)Job ref 1494401Kate,Please accept our apologies for the delay. We have experienced a few complications with the uploading of the scores but weare hoping that the scores will be released to candidates in the next couple ofdays. Regards
E&C Recruitment Team
Original post by simplymekaty
I just got this from the recruitment team in relation to CSR/1320/16 - Higher Officer Caseworkers (Tax Professional and Operational Delivery)Job ref 1494401Kate,Please accept our apologies for the delay. We have experienced a few complications with the uploading of the scores but weare hoping that the scores will be released to candidates in the next couple ofdays. Regards
E&C Recruitment Team

If you don't mind me asking what location did you put down as your preferred one?
Nottingham or Birmingham
Nottingham or Birmingham

Thanks for that. My one is London and was hoping that surely it wouldn't make a difference on when the results are coming out based on what location you have applied for. I was told on Friday that results were coming out this week so hopefully not long to wait now.
Yeah, pretty confident the waiting will soon be over...famous last words :-)
Reply 1071
Nottingham or Birmingham

Ah, finally, someone else for Nottingham :smile:
Reply 1072
Similar scores to me for ho tax professional Cardiff, I got 5,6,6 I was happy that score, it's now my third week :smile:
Reply 1073
Original post by liverpool75
Hi how r you finding the HO post what dept have they put you in? I have been given formal offer but they give me start date of less than 2 weeks notice so waiting on them coming back with new date?

I replied directly, all good third week now with corporation tax dept :smile:
Hi all,

Spoken to a colleague who was on the panel....had my score checked and confirmed it was the score I got for my interview and confirmed 4 was the pass mark.

Not going to celebrate too soon! Still holding tight until that email confirms the real deal!

She also mentioned there is hardly many that will be on the reserve list....sooo hoping the process to be smooth....well smoother!

Internal candidates will find out earlier compared to external which should be around the 15th/16th....
Great, another week at least to wait then? I'm a bit miffed given I was directly told by the recruitment team in writing it would be the next couple of days.
Original post by Waki7866
Hi all,

Spoken to a colleague who was on the panel....had my score checked and confirmed it was the score I got for my interview and confirmed 4 was the pass mark.

Not going to celebrate too soon! Still holding tight until that email confirms the real deal!

She also mentioned there is hardly many that will be on the reserve list....sooo hoping the process to be smooth....well smoother!

Internal candidates will find out earlier compared to external which should be around the 15th/16th....

What location did you apply for? And what 3 scores did you get if you don't mind me asking?

15th/16th sounds similar to what I was told for external candidates so let's hope they stick to this!

Also do you know why there is to be so little on the reserve list? (I.e. Is it because people haven't met the scores required or because there are enough jobs to place all successful applicants?)

Sorry for all the questions! X
Original post by Waki7866
Hi all,

I hope you don't mind me asking but was your preferred location London by any chance?
Original post by rachie93
What location did you apply for? And what 3 scores did you get if you don't mind me asking?

15th/16th sounds similar to what I was told for external candidates so let's hope they stick to this!

Also do you know why there is to be so little on the reserve list? (I.e. Is it because people haven't met the scores required or because there are enough jobs to place all successful applicants?)

Sorry for all the questions! X

Those were really relevant questions and also just to let you know and i'm pretty sure you are already aware that there are two HO TAX caseworker jobs being advertised one is external 1000 jobs and the other internal which both have deadline dates for next week. September 13th and September 16th. So now its a dilemma over whether to submit those applications as there is no certainty the results of the June application would have come through by then. I guess it will have to be a case of "better to be safe than sorry".
Original post by Escapalda lamen
I hope you don't mind me asking but was your preferred location London by any chance?

Forgive me for asking this silly question but how I check for internal vacancies? I started as a O a few weeks ago and people have said there are internal HO vacancies available. But when I check the jobs portal it only comes up with the roles advertised externally. Any help would be much appreciated.

Latest

Trending

Trending