The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
Original post by memoryfish
Have u been hearing that the vacancies have been undersubscribed? Or that they won't action a reserve list ?

That for the most part they're struggling to get the calibre of applicants.
Original post by Litts
That for the most part they're struggling to get the calibre of applicants.

That's promising for all of us then, explains why they're only using a 3 month reserve list (because they won't need it)....maybe the minimum will be all that's required for th campaign in most locations that don't have a lot of applicants.
Did the provisional offer say the location? Or are you assuming it would be your first choice?
Reply 1183
That's promising for all of us then, explains why they're only using a 3 month reserve list (because they won't need it)....maybe the minimum will be all that's required for th campaign in most locations that don't have a lot of applicants.

To give you an idea, out of 65 applicants for a number of jobs in my current department, only 5 people passed the sift.

I know 1320 only had one competency but there was the test and then another two competencies at interview.
Interviews certainly cut the numbers of successful applicants down as it's hard to answer unless you're familiar with the way the system works (and even then it's easy to **** it up)

I had an interview for the last tranche but got flummoxed for the collaborating and partnering question (I still don't see how it fits into the indicators) and scored a 3 for it as I used a hypothetical example. Feedback also said that I would have scored higher on leading and communicating if I'd used a real world example.

This time I was prepared for it and scored 6,5,6 but that's only because I am experienced with the system. Proper external people tend to struggle as they're unfamiliar with the format.
Original post by Litts
To give you an idea, out of 65 applicants for a number of jobs in my current department, only 5 people passed the sift.

I know 1320 only had one competency but there was the test and then another two competencies at interview.
Interviews certainly cut the numbers of successful applicants down as it's hard to answer unless you're familiar with the way the system works (and even then it's easy to **** it up)

I had an interview for the last tranche but got flummoxed for the collaborating and partnering question (I still don't see how it fits into the indicators) and scored a 3 for it as I used a hypothetical example. Feedback also said that I would have scored higher on leading and communicating if I'd used a real world example.

This time I was prepared for it and scored 6,5,6 but that's only because I am experienced with the system. Proper external people tend to struggle as they're unfamiliar with the format.

Yeh I agree, I did exactly the same as you for collab and partnering the last time lol. This time I gave an example lol. I still feel the interview for this process is quite hard so maybe that bought down the number of applicants making it through like you said. The grade7 that interviewed me didn't seem lenient in any way.
Reply 1185
Hi, I have had a provisional offer for Cardiff as a caseworker. It states in the offer that the contracted hours will be 8am- 8pm with occasional weekend working and will be on a rota basis. Does anyone work these patterns or has anyone had the same offer? My current job is on a flexi basis and I don't currently work weekends.
Original post by Keat89
Hi, I have had a provisional offer for Cardiff as a caseworker. It states in the offer that the contracted hours will be 8am- 8pm with occasional weekend working and will be on a rota basis. Does anyone work these patterns or has anyone had the same offer? My current job is on a flexi basis and I don't currently work weekends.

You applied internally and will have to accept the working pattern if u want the job. I used to work that pattern when I was at Hmrc a year ago when they introduced it .
Reply 1187
I'm an external candidate and my score was 6,6,6. As I said I'm external so I'm not fully aware of the scoring system but it seems quite positive feedback and I got a provisional offer so I'm happy.
Reply 1188
You applied internally and will have to accept the working pattern if u want the job. I used to work that pattern when I was at Hmrc a year ago when they introduced it .

Thanks for the reaponse 😊. I thought that would be the case. I dont mean to bombard you with questions but if you dont mind me asking did you have to work weekends and evenings often and were these hours because you were in a particular department that was open 8am-8pm?
Reply 1189

Ah no actually i applied externally, my working pattern is for my current job, just what im used to but no big issue.
Any Belfast applicants receive feedback or offers??
Original post by TraineeAcc
Any Belfast applicants receive feedback or offers??

I got a Provisional Offer on August 12 for O position in Belfast . Still waiting to hear on checks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1192
Original post by Keat89

What department is that working in?
Reply 1193
Original post by Litts
What department is that working in?

It just says customer compliance so not sure exactly.
Ah right, what about those for the HO positions CSR/1320
Original post by TraineeAcc
Ah right, what about those for the HO positions CSR/1320

I hope it doesn't involve weekends. Most people who have been offered positions up to now are doing Mon-Fri

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Keat89
I'm an external candidate and my score was 6,6,6. As I said I'm external so I'm not fully aware of the scoring system but it seems quite positive feedback and I got a provisional offer so I'm happy.

You must have been part of an earlier campaign because the offers for this external one haven't even gone out ... :s
Original post by Keat89
Thanks for the reaponse 😊. I thought that would be the case. I dont mean to bombard you with questions but if you dont mind me asking did you have to work weekends and evenings often and were these hours because you were in a particular department that was open 8am-8pm?

Yeh I had to work weekends on a rota basis, I'm not sure if this has been implemented for E&C but it definitely has for personal tax ops.
Reply 1198
You must have been part of an earlier campaign because the offers for this external one haven't even gone out ... :s

Ah thats probably because i applied for an O grade not Higher officer sorry to confuse things, i just thought someone on this post may have done the case worker role and may be able to tell me a little bit more about weekend working and how often you might be expected to work weekends.
Original post by Keat89
Ah thats probably because i applied for an O grade not Higher officer sorry to confuse things, i just thought someone on this post may have done the case worker role and may be able to tell me a little bit more about weekend working and how often you might be expected to work weekends.

In PT Ops it was 2 8pm finishes with one 7pm per week. 1 in 4/6 Saturday's (depending on business needs).

Latest

Trending

Trending