The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TraineeAcc
The sift test at the start has no bearing on whether you eventually get offered a role or not unfortunately.

Does it not reflect the work you do at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1301
Original post by Jamz115
I just entered some random number CS/600 or somethin lol on the communication .. If it's not that then hey will let me know I'm sure

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yea, think I'll do something similar. Thanks!
Original post by L16
Yea, think I'll do something similar. Thanks!

Leave your candidate number blank
Original post by Jamz115
Does it not reflect the work you do at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, it literally just sifts out people that wouldn't make the minimum required English, maths and work ethic.

Once you pass the sift test online they don't look at the score again in regards to your application / job.
No, it literally just sifts out people that wouldn't make the minimum required English, maths and work ethic.

Once you pass the sift test online they don't look at the score again in regards to your application / job.

When people get booted out due to failing the training what tends to be the difficulty for them? Everyone keeps banging on about it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by memoryfish
Lol no scoreless you the role I got 99%, thEres no guarantee its all on your interview

Fair enough, though I'd assume there's a fair correlation between those highest scores and job offers in any case.

Anyone else who's waiting on a response having been provisionally made an offer on the back of the TSP scheme?*
Just out of interest, did anybody declare any medical conditions, etc., or if they had ever been convicted of a criminal offence? Lol. :-)
The 1,000 HO positions have went external this morning O42R is the job reference on CS resourcing.
Reply 1308
I was unsuccessful for the June campaign in interview with 333. Can I apply for the new campaign?
Original post by naszam
I was unsuccessful for the June campaign in interview with 333. Can I apply for the new campaign?

Yes
Original post by Jamz115
When people get booted out due to failing the training what tends to be the difficulty for them? Everyone keeps banging on about it

Posted from TSR Mobile

For a lot of people it was the Double Entry Bookkeeping that really threw them. There are so many varying roles though that it would be hard to say one thing, the training overall is achievable or not. If a person isn't capable then they can't complete it, and if a person isn't willing to work for it then they won't. Not that hard to recognise either. (Hope that doesn't sound harsh).
The 1,000 HO positions have went external this morning O42R is the job reference on CS resourcing.

Was wondering Trainee how you get to the office everyday? I know there's no on site car parking but those in the office that commute by car where do they usually park mostly? Do you commute by car bus train etc?

Posted from TSR Mobile
For a lot of people it was the Double Entry Bookkeeping that really threw them. There are so many varying roles though that it would be hard to say one thing, the training overall is achievable or not. If a person isn't capable then they can't complete it, and if a person isn't willing to work for it then they won't. Not that hard to recognise either. (Hope that doesn't sound harsh).

Oh no .. I know what you mean. Have seen it in places I've worked

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1313

I thought that they would end up advertising it externally given the numbers they were looking for. I've also noticed its the full four competencies like the internal advert, instead of one plus the online test which have been the case in previous recruitments. Could this be they are struggling to get the calibre of candidate they need thus making the application process harder?

Also TraineeAcc, can you tell me the difference between Enforcement and Compliance and Customer Compliance in terms of what the roles will be doing?
Reply 1314

I, for some reason, thought that the last tranche of jobs that we're waiting to hear from were 300 for internal AND 300 for external.

Seeing 1,000 being advertised as internal and then a week later, 1,000 external. Makes me think that there were only 300 jobs that we applied for.

Would probably explain why the external candidates are having to wait...

I'm not so confident now :frown:

However, I don't remember there being a gap between advertising internal and external for the one we're waiting for so maybe that's a positive.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Litts
I, for some reason, thought that the last tranche of jobs that we're waiting to hear from were 300 for internal AND 300 for external.

Seeing 1,000 being advertised as internal and then a week later, 1,000 external. Makes me think that there were only 300 jobs that we applied for.

However, I don't remember there being a gap between advertising internal and external for the one we're waiting for so maybe that's a positive.

Hmm that's interesting, but don't forget it's a totally different campaign and if you look in your feedback but it should still state 'make an offer' in overall rating....
Reply 1316
Original post by Litts

Unfortunately Litts that appears on the face of it to be wishful thinking on your part. Last week when external candidates were getting the 'you've successfully passed your interview we will be in touch' e-mail internal candidates who had been successful were receiving provisional offers. This would indicate they was offering successful internal candidates before then considering external with the vacancies that were left, hence making external wait longer. This is why I said external should not take the e-mail of passing your interview as a guarantee that you will be offered the job because the reality is if a large proportion of the vacancies have been offered to the internal candidates then external candidates will end up on a reserve list.

As an external candidate myself, I do hope my thinking on this one is wrong!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1317
Original post by memoryfish
Hmm that's interesting, but don't forget it's a totally different campaign and if you look in your feedback but it should still state 'make an offer' in overall rating....

Just noticed that the closing date is today for the internal vacancy. Perhaps LBMD is right and they just haven't had the numbers they need (usually interview 3 people for each job so would need at least 3000 applications to get through sift. Plus there's 4 competencies so that will be hard to get people through that).

My status is still showing as 'Application being reviewed' (I only applied externally as it was easier) although I have managed to find out that I scored 6,5,6 in the interview.
Reply 1318
Original post by LBMD
Unfortunately Litts that appears on the face of it to be wishful thinking on your part. Last week when external candidates were getting the 'you've successfully passed your interview we will be in touch' e-mail internal candidates who had been successful were receiving provisional offers. This would indicate they was offering successful internal candidates before then considering external with the vacancies that were left, hence making external wait longer. This is why I said external should not take the e-mail of passing your interview as a guarantee that you will be offered the job because the reality is if a large proportion of the vacancies have been offered to the internal candidates then external candidates will end up on a reserve list.

I think you may be right :frown:
Original post by LBMD

The 1320 campaign was for external so internal offers cant come from that campaign.. it was for 300 external jobs.. if people are being offered posts they applied at stage 4 so regardless of whether they are internal they applied on the external campaign... issues with vacancy holder is why some people can see scores etc and others cant.... csr confirmed this.with me yesterday..

Latest

Trending

Trending