The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Excellence Scholarship??

So I've gotten my A levels, turns out I can get this Excellence Scholarship! But, I don't know how or when I get it?

I heard it could happen automatically but I'm not sure if it's through Student Finance or the Uni itself.
I can't find any info on this! Can anyone help? Thanks!
Reply 1
http://www.swansea.ac.uk/media/Academic%20Scholarships%20Terms%20and%20Conditions%20201516.pdf

Scholarships will be awarded by the Recruitment and Admissions Committee to candidates who, inthe view of the Committee, have demonstrated the most exceptional academic ability.
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Andreamay
http://www.swansea.ac.uk/media/Academic%20Scholarships%20Terms%20and%20Conditions%20201516.pdf

Scholarships will be awarded by the Recruitment and Admissions Committee to candidates who, inthe view of the Committee, have demonstrated the most exceptional academic ability.

Riight! Okay, thanks for the link! Now I have some idea of what's going on with all this business haha
Late to the thread, but I received the excellence scholarship too and it arrives automatically a few days after you enrol, there's nothing you have to do on your end. The uni pay it, not student finance.
Reply 4
Original post by Frankston
Late to the thread, but I received the excellence scholarship too and it arrives automatically a few days after you enrol, there's nothing you have to do on your end. The uni pay it, not student finance.

Really? Ohh that's good to know, that's quite exciting then! Awesome, thank you!
Original post by Nickstone
Really? Ohh that's good to know, that's quite exciting then! Awesome, thank you!

Just be aware of term number 7. :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Windowswind123
Just be aware of term number 7. :smile:

!!!!

What's term number 7?
!!!!

What's term number 7?

At any point during the year another student can challenge you to a duel where you both sit a paper in your subject and the highest scoring person gets the money. If you've spent it then you still have to give it to them.
Reply 8
Original post by TheThugSlug
At any point during the year another student can challenge you to a duel where you both sit a paper in your subject and the highest scoring person gets the money. If you've spent it then you still have to give it to them.

Haha, okay now that sounds made up. I'm going to Swansea University, who am I gonna duel? This isn't Hogwarts here pfff
Fun banter though
Haha, okay now that sounds made up. I'm going to Swansea University, who am I gonna duel? This isn't Hogwarts here pfff
Fun banter though

"Having accepted an award, should a Scholarship holder withdraw from the University, the holder will be liable to repay to the University any award which has been made, either in whole or in part, as determined by the Committee. "
Reply 10
Original post by Windowswind123
"Having accepted an award, should a Scholarship holder withdraw from the University, the holder will be liable to repay to the University any award which has been made, either in whole or in part, as determined by the Committee. "

Oooh, now when you put it like that that's more believable. I thought it was like someone can go up to you during anytime of the year and go "hey I want your scholarship money, fight me" or something like that, "duel".
Right-o, fair enough in this case

Quick Reply

Latest