The Student Room Group

! Shall i carry on 4 a levels?

Basically, I am currently started year 13 and I was doing EnglishLanguage, sociology , fine art and maths at as. Thé results u had was c for eng b for sociology didn't get any for art as it's two year course and e in maths
I really enjoy maths but I don't know whether I will be capable of carrying them all 4 as well as retaking my as maths to improve the grade overall.
At uni I haven't decided for any specific course as I am still unsure what to do.
I was thinking routes such as nursing, architecture, child psychology, or like law.
If anyone has any ideas and opinions please help . I need to decide soon as possible.
I am thinking to go to uni like Portsmouth, Bath , Southampton they don't say specific subject and only 3 a level grades but some says it will be useful to do Maths. I am really stuck and this stress got over my work at the moment.
Fell free to put any ideas down. Thanks
Honestly you only need three a levels. Check the average entry profile on the prospectus.

Best to focus on your three best and get the highest results you can. I regret taking 4, if I had taken 3 it would've been easier to get those grades a bit higher.
Reply 2
I have checked they mainly says AAA AAB ABB BBB there is a lot of range. I am just really confused about this. I honestly have no idea what to do. The reason I am in this situation is maths is really important grade and I enjoy maths just in class I do well when it comes to exams I mess things up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by eda-bsm
I have checked they mainly says AAA AAB ABB BBB there is a lot of range. I am just really confused about this. I honestly have no idea what to do. The reason I am in this situation is maths is really important grade and I enjoy maths just in class I do well when it comes to exams I mess things up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You should ask yourself honestly what is the best grade you can get in each. Pick the top 3. Example: if you can only get an E in maths (unless you want to do a maths heavy degree and it is required by the programme) perhaps keep it as a hobby rather than studying it right now.

Or just pick your favourite three. Doing 4 is only an advantage if you score top marks in all of them. Unis only count 3 typically out of fairness to all students (some schools only allow their students to take 3)

Quick Reply

Latest