The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I doubt Klopp would go to Bayern.
Original post by The Assassin
When do you think Klopp leave and why do you think he's gonna leave?

He did 7 years at Mainz and then 7 years at Dortmund so I think he'll stay a while.

Will basically leave when he's burnt out and doesn't think he can take the club forwards.

He won't leave for a bigger club easily since he picked Liverpool for the project. He could've very easily taken a bigger job at another point.
We're gonna win the league lads, believe
Reply 9583
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1474849634.978890.jpg i was there lads
beautiful game of footie, immense atmosphere

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TS21

Posted from TSR Mobile

You should've posted this picture :biggrin:

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1474872726.532346.jpg

By far my favourite one of the weekend :tongue:
Original post by TS21

Posted from TSR Mobile

You must have been sat a few seats away from me, I was level with the corner flag.
The Sakho news doesn't sound great - that he's fit and just been frozen out. I expect he'll be sold in January now. Can't go that public and still keep any sort of relationship with your manager..

Swansea away next which Chelsea found tricky. Would be nice to go into the international break with another win.. Will be a tough fight for 4th if we don't win games like that. Although every reason to be confident and Swansea not in the best of form.

I'm also surprised with how many articles there are already about Liverpool being title contenders. The season has only just started!!
Original post by Zerforax
I'm also surprised with how many articles there are already about Liverpool being title contenders. The season has only just started!!
Its probably the manner of the wins. You've blown a few teams away already this season.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Sakho news doesn't sound great - that he's fit and just been frozen out. I expect he'll be sold in January now. Can't go that public and still keep any sort of relationship with your manager..

Swansea away next which Chelsea found tricky. Would be nice to go into the international break with another win.. Will be a tough fight for 4th if we don't win games like that. Although every reason to be confident and Swansea not in the best of form.

People are too reactionary. They take the phrase you're as good as your last win way too much to the tee.

The jerking of koeman is another prime example of this.
Original post by Fizzel
Its probably the manner of the wins. You've blown a few teams away already this season.

Posted from TSR Mobile

And yet we're 5 points off Man City with all the other contenders in and around the same points as us..

Tbh consistency is key - like Leicester showed last season with a string of 1-0 wins.

Original post by atom y humber
People are too reactionary. They take the phrase you're as good as your last win way too much to the tee.

The jerking of koeman is another prime example of this.

Yea true. I guess with the summer transfer nonsense over they need to find some ways to print more articles to replace.
Media already getting on my nerves. Talking about Liverpool being title contenders. We've had a good start to the season but only a few weeks ago you were saying its same old same old Liverpool. Struggling to break down the small teams.

Opinions can change like the wind
Reply 9591

From the sound of what he said, it seems like it is the club rather than Klopp that has decided he can't play.. Gotta remember how crazed Americans get at any mention of 'drugs', they probably think it's bad for PR or something. The initial suspension was self imposed by the club in the first place.
Reply 9592
IMG_0931.JPG

It would've been funny if it didn't have a "Manchester United die hard fans" badge on it...
Reply 9594
Original post by Lúcio
It would've been funny if it didn't have a "Manchester United die hard fans" badge on it...

Swirly PM'd it to me cos he was too shy to post it
Original post by PillsIV
Media already getting on my nerves. Talking about Liverpool being title contenders. We've had a good start to the season but only a few weeks ago you were saying its same old same old Liverpool. Struggling to break down the small teams.

Opinions can change like the wind

I love it, it just makes the inevitable crumble funnier.

Would be interesting to see how Liverpool adapt when they run out of steam over the course of the season with their high intensity pressing approach in games. An injury or two and they rely on the likes of Moreno and Lucas. . . They are still in the cup games and there are a lot of games to play.
Original post by James.Carnell

Would be interesting to see how Liverpool adapt when they run out of steam over the course of the season with their high intensity pressing approach in games. An injury or two and they rely on the likes of Moreno and Lucas. . . They are still in the cup games and there are a lot of games to play.

Cup games are not a concern when we can rotate a lot and keep players fresh which we have done so. There is a reason why Klopp makes the players do triple sessions in preseason so we will generally be fitter than other sides and can last longer, look at Spurs last season even with EL games. It's not like we intensely press for the full 90 minutes seeing as we usually dominate possession.

The fact that we have no Europe will probably mean we won't run out of steam imo. All the players get a full week rest generally (like this week) when other clubs are in Europe and travelling.

Yes we'll play a lot of games over Xmas but that's the same as every club so we'll probably still be able to outrun opposition teams.

We have a bit of depth so up front Sturridge/Origi/Ings could slot into the attacking 4 positions. In midfield we've not had Emre Can play yet so we have Can/Henderson/Wijnaldum/Grujic/Stewart to cover those 2 midfield spots.

Agreed that fullback is our weakest position, I'm not sure what we do if either Clyne or Milner get injured (Moreno would come in I guess).

So I think we could handle/manage injury to 2 players in each of those areas (except fullback) without too much trouble but any more and then we struggle..

We wont run out of steam, thats not the worry. We had a busy christmas period last season but pulled through.

The issue for us is consistency, but that isnt due to running out of steam.
Original post by PillsIV
We wont run out of steam, thats not the worry. We had a busy christmas period last season but pulled through.

The issue for us is consistency, but that isnt due to running out of steam.

This.
We didn't exactly run out of steam last season - we played the most games out of anybody any still managed to get to 2 cup finals.

We have better/on-form players and a more fluid set-up now that Klopp has asserted his style here.
Like you said, consistency is our enemy.
That being said, Burnley aside I feel like we've been pretty damn consistent so far.
We'll see what happens at the weekend though because Swansea are a much greater challenge than Hull.

Latest