The Student Room Group

Is Bristol lenient on grades?

Hey

I'm hoping to go to Bristol to study Economics and Management. Entry Requirement is AAA-AAB, needing an A in maths and i was wondering are they lenient, like if i was to receive an offer for AAA would you reckon i could get in with anything from AAB-ABB, the A being in maths?

i knew someone who got in, He spent 4 years at sixth form, he's doing Film Studies/Media I believe and he achieved BBC and he started his first year at Bristol, hence the curiousity?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bhfn
Hey

I'm hoping to go to Bristol to study Economics and Management. Entry Requirement is AAA-AAB, needing an A in maths and i was wondering are they lenient, like if i was to receive an offer for AAA would you reckon i could get in with anything from AAB-ABB, the A being in maths?

i knew someone who got in, He spent 4 years at sixth form, he's doing Film Studies/Media I believe and he achieved BBC and he started his first year at Bristol, hence the curiousity?

Posted from TSR Mobile

AAB and you're more than likely to get in.

ABB and you're pushing it.
Reply 2
Original post by bhfn
Hey

Depends on the day... how many people have met (or exceeded) the offer (including those holding insurance offers that have missed their firm), versus the number of places they have, versus how well (or badly) those that missed have done, versus how good any applicants in clearing may be... it's a complicated supply and demand situation :wink:

So... AAB *may* be sufficient for an AAA requirement but no-one can say for sure. Not even Bristol until Results Day 2017...
If I had a contextual offer of AAB and got ABB, is Bristol less likely to let me in than if I had an offer for AAA and got AAB?

I fear that they'll come to their senses and say 'Hang on a sec, we're letting a guy with ABB onto a course which normally requires AAA...'

Maybe it's just me but ABB sounds a lot worse than AAB, which is just shy of AAA. Even though it was a contextual offer, I wonder if they'd still strictly treat it the same way as regular offers when considering people who miss the grades.
Reply 4
Original post by Abstract_Prism
If I had a contextual offer of AAB and got ABB, is Bristol less likely to let me in than if I had an offer for AAA and got AAB?

No. It would be the same.

And the best bet for both Offer situations is to meet the Offer, otherwise nothing is guaranteed...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bhfn
Hey

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very unlikely IMO - I did E&M at Bristol and I didn't know anyone who got below AAA.... so id say doubtful!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by mizzsnazzter
Very unlikely IMO - I did E&M at Bristol and I didn't know anyone who got below AAA.... so id say doubtful!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well that sucks then

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending