The Student Room Group

To people who believe in God, could you answer my questions?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
here in fact is a rather choice piece by mr naik suggesting that it is okay to beat your wife

[video="youtube;tNIPbfck3ws"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNIPbfck3ws[/video]

religion of peace apparantly. beating up on helpless women. i know exactly what you muslims are all about sunshine :wink:
Original post by iThrow
like i said, they can't predict the future any better than you or I, or any economist, can. This isn't something mathematically measurable as there are just too many variables.

Western education constitutes atheism basically. It involves looking at the ways the world came to be and using those models to predict things about our planet and space - things you can mathematically predict and observe the results. Something deeply lacking in the muslim world. The crux will come when muslims actually get involved in space travel - so far there has been only a handful that have even gone to space, and even then one was royalty and another was an american; another was a soviet and the majority of the rest were kazakhs.

while the rest of the world are discussing real breakthroughs for space technology, muslims are arguing on the best way to pray toward mecca from space.

They're modelling using mainly birth rates which is a pretty good indicator of future population.
Since when did western education constitute atheism?
I didn't realise going to school slowly morphed me into an atheist. The things you're mentioning is like the scientific method and imperial evidence - things the Muslim world have contributed immensely in the past. Your knowledge of Islamic history is extremely flawed and lacking if you think muslim's don't haven't contributed towards the level of science we have today.
Reply 182
Original post by 0xFFFFail

I didn't realise going to school slowly morphed me into an atheist. The things you're mentioning is like the scientific method and imperial evidence - things the Muslim world have contributed immensely in the past. Your knowledge of Islamic history is extremely flawed and lacking if you think muslim's don't haven't contributed towards the level of science we have today.

This is probably why only three scientific Nobel laureates have been won by Muslims (but one of them was an Ahmadi, so only two "real Muslims" ). And all got their PhD from western universities, where they were also working when they received their award. Muslims have globally ceased to "contribute towards the level of science" since the Renaissance.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 183
Original post by 0xFFFFail
They're modelling using mainly birth rates which is a pretty good indicator of future population.
Since when did western education constitute atheism?

Birth rates are insufficient because, as I said before, variables ! People made models on future populations in 1910 also, then 2 world wars happened.

And western education has constituted atheism for a while now, please tell me how religion fits into your world view of education. Should we start involving religion in exams? How about for coursework? No? K then please accept when you're wrong/being overly political correct/pandering. A duck is a duck sometimes.
Original post by iThrow
zakir naik?!

you realize he is a laughing stock in the scientific world? in fact he is banned from preaching in the UK due to his extremist beliefs..

i think i'm starting to see exactly how extreme of a muslim you might also be.

its not extremethe extreme beliefs as u say have been taken out of context and the beating wife bit u dont even know the contextb its like a tap thats what it means to be beaten a mini tap and infact look at other scriptures its wose etreme and contradicting beliefs
Original post by honey55497
its not extremethe extreme beliefs as u say have been taken out of context and the beating wife bit u dont even know the contextb its like a tap thats what it means to be beaten a mini tap and infact look at other scriptures its wose etreme and contradicting beliefs

Given the context, what is your comment of the teachngs at 4:34 and 38:44 in the Qur'an, which does include commands to beat one's wife, if they were to be "disobedient"?
Original post by _gcx
Given the context, what is your comment of the teachngs at 4:34 and 38:44 in the Qur'an, which does include commands to beat one's wife, if they were to be "disobedient"?

beat=tap no marks no pain
beat=tap no marks no pain

Where did you get that definition?

From the dictionary:

beat, verb, strike (a person or an animal) repeatedly and violently so as to hurt or injure them, typically with an implement such as a club or whip.

To be fair, the exact wording that is used in the quotations is "strike", but even that does not imply painlessness.
Original post by _gcx
Where did you get that definition?

From the dictionary:

beat, verb, strike (a person or an animal) repeatedly and violently so as to hurt or injure them, typically with an implement such as a club or whip.

To be fair, the exact wording that is used in the quotations is "strike", but even that does not imply painlessness.

the prophet explains what this means the people who wrote the english were from back in the times so obviously they would use thwe word strike
the prophet explains what this means the people who wrote the english were from back in the times so obviously they would use thwe word strike

Source?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending