The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1720
16th September
Original post by danhan93
Has anyone whose preferred location is Nottingham had the email with the DBS forms from manpower?

I'm Nottingham (I think - I applied for Notts then added Birmingham at the interview). Not a dickie bird since I responded to the provisional offer. I have a sneaking suspicion I'll still be in my current job at Christmas the way things are going aka slowly
Hi all, hoping someone can be of some help!

I had originally applied nearly a year ago for the hmrc grad tax programme, through which i've been offered a place on the 1666/16 HO tax professional programme in belfast. Itll be 6 weeks tomorrow since i received my provisional offer. Anyone any idea on how long this takes to process or prospective start dates?
Morning! :smile:

I was wondering who you guys are putting down for your character references?? Can it be a current work colleague? Friend? Employer? I haven't received this email yet but want to be prepared for my response.

Your help and guidance would be much appreciated.
Original post by trj1989
Those who work for HMRC currently - quick question. Do you know if you get any additional annual leave for Life events? I am getting married in December and my current work gives me an extra days leave for it.

Not in my office and I'd doubt anywhere else would be different
Original post by 11222333abc

I was wondering who you guys are putting down for your character references?? Can it be a current work colleague? Friend? Employer? I haven't received this email yet but want to be prepared for my response.

I put 3 down: current employer, friend/ex-colleague, friend/ex-line manager
That's good to know. Thank you :smile:
Original post by 11222333abc

As ive only been in full time employments for the last 2 years after graduating uni, i put 2 trusted friends who I believe would give a well written and positive reference :-)
Well there goes another day of me refreshing.....
Original post by gajman1987
Well there goes another day of me refreshing.....

Exactly. I got a message on the 15th September that they will complete pre employment checks within 20 days so i make that october 5th. Thats this wednesday we shall see what happens.
Original post by Escapalda lamen
Exactly. I got a message on the 15th September that they will complete pre employment checks within 20 days so i make that october 5th. Thats this wednesday we shall see what happens.

20 working days so bit longer
Am I the only once whose had the email & both references have been contacted?! Surely they're not going through us 1 by 1. Honestly this process is so bad!
Original post by rachie93
Am I the only once whose had the email & both references have been contacted?! Surely they're not going through us 1 by 1. Honestly this process is so bad!

It seems that way, I've had the email but my references haven't been contacted. How did they contact yours, by email?
Memoryfish are u for Belfast? Trying to figure out if any Belfast have been contacted yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Original post by SMK2016
Memoryfish are u for Belfast? Trying to figure out if any Belfast have been contacted yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope...Manchester
Reply 1735
Original post by memoryfish
Nope...Manchester

Manchester or Salford?
Original post by Escapalda lamen
You can wear casual clothes as its just handing your documents in. Im going for the o grade role still awaiting info about the heo role. What role you going for on Thursday?

I'm going for the O grade. I originally applied to the TSP program back in December last year but was unsuccessful, and got offered this on the back of it. It's kind of been a bit of a surprise to be honest!
Original post by Sljca
Manchester or Salford?

1. Salford
2. Manchester
Original post by memoryfish
It seems that way, I've had the email but my references haven't been contacted. How did they contact yours, by email?

Yeah it was by email. It's not a proper reference either, it's 3 yes or no questions. How long have you known the applicant, are you related to the applicant & do you think the applicant Ian suitable for a position where they nee to be trustworthy.
Original post by rachie93
Yeah it was by email. It's not a proper reference either, it's 3 yes or no questions. How long have you known the applicant, are you related to the applicant & do you think the applicant Ian suitable for a position where they nee to be trustworthy.

Lol that's great, that's so pointless.....

Latest

Trending

Trending