The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by enterunsername
"Did you get any indication of when your start date might be?"

They did say at the end of October or start of November; however taking everything into account you can assume that Santa Claus will provide us with a handful of tax modules for this Christmas period. I have heard that DBS can take between 6-8 weeks; so mid November is the earliest based upon that.

There is no harm in applying for TSP again; I know it is long and drawn out, but your experience and familiarity with the process should put you and all others on this thread in a much better position.

Would you happen to know when the new TSP application will open?
Band O after not getting TSP last year for London, went and handed in documents yesterday.

Seemed to suggest November at the earliest (realistically) and the qualifications were indeed in house, not external. Location prefs can be changed. The guy I met with (who wasn't part of their HR team, but their ops team who've been made to deal with it) was surprised I'd had Stratford listed as a possibility and that it would be most likely Croydon. When I mentioned Euston would be easier again he said it might be possible and would note that (upon checking the difference in travel time isn't too great, god forbid I get Stratford though) however it was all very non-committal and we're just back to a wait and see approach.

They did say at the end of October or start of November; however taking everything into account you can assume that Santa Claus will provide us with a handful of tax modules for this Christmas period. I have heard that DBS can take between 6-8 weeks; so mid November is the earliest based upon that.

There is no harm in applying for TSP again; I know it is long and drawn out, but your experience and familiarity with the process should put you and all others on this thread in a much better position.

Is this for the HEO role? Who told you this start date? Thanks
Reply 1783
Original post by Escapalda lamen
What Location did you guys put down because i haven't got that yet?

London
Reply 1784
As 'Cal139' has stated (he/she beat me to it) this is the email address I received within the same general notification.
I recommend that if you send it to the address 'bsteam...' just outline clearly the situation (you know just in case)....it may not make a difference but at the bottom of my email it wasnt HMRC Recruitment Team (like yoours ) but CS Resourcing..... it could be that it is a different location etc.

Anyhow you are certainly closer than you were before you received the email, so that is progress .... and should be welcomed!

Did you apply to London as well? I might email the address you gave me but indicate that I applied for the London role just to be safe.
Original post by eripley
Would you happen to know when the new TSP application will open?

No idea, it is usually late Autumn. With the deadline even later. I think they announce it on their facebook page first.
Original post by Swizzeh
Band O after not getting TSP last year for London, went and handed in documents yesterday.

Seemed to suggest November at the earliest (realistically) and the qualifications were indeed in house, not external. Location prefs can be changed. The guy I met with (who wasn't part of their HR team, but their ops team who've been made to deal with it) was surprised I'd had Stratford listed as a possibility and that it would be most likely Croydon. When I mentioned Euston would be easier again he said it might be possible and would note that (upon checking the difference in travel time isn't too great, god forbid I get Stratford though) however it was all very non-committal and we're just back to a wait and see approach.

Hey there; pretty much identical situation to me, was it Kevin you spoke to? Are the qualifications unique to HMRC?

Euston would be easier than Croydon for me as well (TBH a 15-20 minute time difference in getting there but perhaps more to do with the 'prestige' of working in central lol), Stratford would be easiest as I would get there in 20 minutes.

Did they dimiss Stratford for you? As you said you had it listed...by that do you mean as a preference or listed specifically in communications sent etc.
Original post by daj19
Did you apply to London as well? I might email the address you gave me but indicate that I applied for the London role just to be safe.

Yes London, yeah make sure you give the vacancy reference.
Original post by slc2710
Is this for the HEO role? Who told you this start date? Thanks

No O after TSP...I was told by the person who took copies of my docs/qualifications when I was at the office in London.

I was told today after handing in my documents that it would be late October early November. The woman stated she had checked over 30 peoples documents for london location alone.

I wouldnt apply for tsp as i have got the heo job. I can see where you are coming from in terms of knowing the process of how it works but im just relieved to get the heo role.
Did you not hand your documents in at interview? Im really confused , ive been sent an email to complete health/dbs/referees but not to hand in any documents
SLC - I think those guys are talking about a different recruitment drive so i wouldn't worry.

At least you have had the email to complete health/dbs etc .. i am still waiting sadly. :frown:
Original post by dc850208
SLC - I think those guys are talking about a different recruitment drive so i wouldn't worry.

At least you have had the email to complete health/dbs etc .. i am still waiting sadly. :frown:
Me too. waiting sucks. I've emailed the CSR team to make sure I've not missed anything!
Original post by dc850208

Thanks. Hopefully you get it soon, i think theyre working in order of who responded first to the acceptance so you will probably get yours soon. They are so slow!

I would love a november start date though
Original post by slc2710
Thanks. Hopefully you get it soon, i think theyre working in order of who responded first to the acceptance so you will probably get yours soon. They are so slow!

I would love a november start date though

TBH, a Dec or a Jan start date would suit me down to the ground right now...but I just want to know where I stand either way :-)
No idea, it is usually late Autumn. With the deadline even later. I think they announce it on their facebook page first.

Thank you:smile:
Hey,
I've had my references contacted and they've responded, I've sent back Health declaration back and also by DBS check went through this morning. Anyone else up to this point? Just wondering what is next.

I applied for Newcastle only btw!
Hey there; pretty much identical situation to me, was it Kevin you spoke to? Are the qualifications unique to HMRC?

Euston would be easier than Croydon for me as well (TBH a 15-20 minute time difference in getting there but perhaps more to do with the 'prestige' of working in central lol), Stratford would be easiest as I would get there in 20 minutes.

Did they dimiss Stratford for you? As you said you had it listed...by that do you mean as a preference or listed specifically in communications sent etc.

Hi, it was Kevin!

Stratford was listed as one of the options one of the various online forms I've had to fill out, along with everywhere else in the country. London wasn't listed itself but Croydon and Stratford were listed independently. I chose Croydon first and Stratford second but you're right, I probably would prefer to work in central too.

Stratford wasn't dismissed but I said out of the 3 London locations it'd certainly be last.

I already have a DBS check from a previous job and I feel like I've given my life story so far to them so hopefully it shouldn't take much longer. Fingers crossed.*
Reply 1798
For us who applied for 1320 that haven't heard anything yet, does this meant that they haven't started out pre employment checks?
Could they be contacting people on merit order based on their competency scores ?
Original post by trj1989
Hey,
I've had my references contacted and they've responded, I've sent back Health declaration back and also by DBS check went through this morning. Anyone else up to this point? Just wondering what is next.

I applied for Newcastle only btw!

Im up to the same stage as you. My DBS certificate was dispatched yesterday so im assuming everything was fine. Just waiting for a start date now I guess!

Latest

Trending

Trending