The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rachie93
Im up to the same stage as you. My DBS certificate was dispatched yesterday so im assuming everything was fine. Just waiting for a start date now I guess!

My DBS certificate is waiting to be printed but my referees have not been contacted yet.
Reply 1801
Original post by Swizzeh
Hi, it was Kevin!

Stratford was listed as one of the options one of the various online forms I've had to fill out, along with everywhere else in the country. London wasn't listed itself but Croydon and Stratford were listed independently. I chose Croydon first and Stratford second but you're right, I probably would prefer to work in central too.

Stratford wasn't dismissed but I said out of the 3 London locations it'd certainly be last.

I already have a DBS check from a previous job and I feel like I've given my life story so far to them so hopefully it shouldn't take much longer. Fingers crossed.*

Hey did you have another form where you got to choose the location? Id love to have either Euston or Stratford but was told that they will decide the location themselves. This was for the O grad role btw.
Original post by daj19
Hey did you have another form where you got to choose the location? Id love to have either Euston or Stratford but was told that they will decide the location themselves. This was for the O grad role btw.

I'm 99% sure one of the online forms asked you to list locations in order of preference but I can't remember which I'm afraid. Mention it when you go in to verify your ID.*
Anyone for Nottingham been contacted?
Got a provisional offer email.
Contacted by manpower to accept to commence pre employment checks.
Emailed manpower to accept
But nothing since then......
Other people in the same situation??
Original post by pablo86

I'm the exact same stage as u only Belfast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Original post by SMK2016
I'm the exact same stage as u only Belfast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same stage but london. 20 working days since that email which i was sent on 15th September. So i think at the minimum it will be 13th October.
So are we all going to contact manpower when the 20 working days are up? Lol!
Unless of course we're contacted prior to that.
Well unfortunately the guy dealing with me today (he was called Gary or Gareth - can't remember!) didn't seem to know an awful lot! Gave him all my paperwork, he said he didn't know where I'd be based (I REALLY don't want to be based in Croydon - Euston / Stratford would be my choices), couldn't tell me what sort of start date we'd be looking at, although he said he'd been told end of October / early November. As I need to give minimum 1 month's notice, I wouldn't be able to make it this quickly, and I imagine many people are also in this position of needing to give a month's notice; I can't believe HMRC isn't aware of this. Also I find it hard to believe the background checks will be done that quickly; he couldn't give me a timescale for when the formal offer and a health questionnaire would come through. Thinking about it, I personally think November is going to be way too soon, given how slow HMRC has been with everything else. I am hoping that the start dates will be very early 2017, but logistically I think they could be December onwards. This is all conjecture on my part though.

(O grade role, provisional offer came on the back of an unsuccessful graduate TSP application).
Original post by pablo86
So are we all going to contact manpower when the 20 working days are up? Lol!
Unless of course we're contacted prior to that.

Good luck trying to contact Manpower ... there's no contact email or number for Manpower directly, & HMRC have no dealings with them so can't help. They're pretty much uncontactable!
Original post by rachie93
Good luck trying to contact Manpower ... there's no contact email or number for Manpower directly, & HMRC have no dealings with them so can't help. They're pretty much uncontactable!

Which office have you applied for?
Original post by lawgrad13
Which office have you applied for?

1. Liverpool
2. Salford
3. Manchester
Original post by pablo86

Yep exactly the same, no contact since then
Reply 1812
Did anyone else have their references being contacted? I was told by my references that HMRC contacted them yesterday. Seems to be finally progressing.
Reply 1813
Quick question, a friend of mine who has received an offer for the O grad role has accepted it but they had been sacked from their part time job about a year or two ago. Would this affect their application/show up during DBS since it was part time job?
Original post by daj19
Quick question, a friend of mine who has received an offer for the O grad role has accepted it but they had been sacked from their part time job about a year or two ago. Would this affect their application/show up during DBS since it was part time job?

DBS is only for criminal records
Original post by slc2710

:biggrin: lol
Reply 1816
Original post by slc2710

Sorry last question, so when the DBS check had 'Have you ever been convicted of a criminal offence or received a caution, reprimand or warning?' was that related to only criminal offence?
Reply 1817
Original post by daj19
Sorry last question, so when the DBS check had 'Have you ever been convicted of a criminal offence or received a caution, reprimand or warning?' was that related to only criminal offence?

Yes. You don't need to disclose that you got detention at primary school for bunking off 😂
I hope they're not contacting referees yet - although I'm happy for them to contact one of my references now, the other is my current employer, who doesn't know about this yet! I did answer "No" to the "References may be contacted, is this acceptable?" question for him, so presumably they wouldn't get in touch with him before checking with me? The other referee is fine to be contacted any time, but I don't want to tell my current employer anything until I have a formal offer in hand. As far as I'm concerned, nothing's guaranteed until that comes in.
Reply 1819
Lets hope we all hear something this week

Latest

Trending

Trending