The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zerforax
Players often play while carrying injuries. I'm sure we would've managed Clyne through it if needed but since it is only England friendlies, it's a great time for him to have like 17 days rest to improve it more. I panicked when I first saw that Clyne was injured but it doesn't sound too bad.

The thing is, he isn't even first choice RB for England so I guess it's not a big deal.

Ridiculous that for so long we had to settle with Glen Johnson, but now we have two top quality RBs.
Agent Allen scoring against United :biggrin:

Praise thy Lord and Saviour!

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1475412794.629060.jpg
Original post by Lúcio
Agent Allen scoring against United :biggrin:

Praise thy Lord and Saviour!

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1475412794.629060.jpg

Nice to see them drop points!

In the perfect world, we'll batter them and then there'll be a huge 6 point gap after 8 games :awesome:
My god, if you beat United in the next game they will be in crisis LOL.
Nice to see them drop points!

In the perfect world, we'll batter them and then there'll be a huge 6 point gap after 8 games :awesome:

Already worth the money we sold him for :wink:

Yeah, but when are worlds ever get perfect? :tongue:
The way I see it, in the absolute worst case scenario we'll still be on the same points as them.

City aside, there are five teams vying for the three remaining top 4 places.
We just need to make sure we're better than two of United/Chelsea/Arsenal/Spurs.
Original post by Lúcio
Already worth the money we sold him for :wink:

Yeah, but when are worlds ever get perfect? :tongue:
The way I see it, in the absolute worst case scenario we'll still be on the same points as them.

City aside, there are five teams vying for the three remaining top 4 places.
We just need to make sure we're better than two of United/Chelsea/Arsenal/Spurs.

Looks like Spurs will claw Man City back towards the bunch. Already 2-0 up.
Looks like Spurs will claw Man City back towards the bunch. Already 2-0 up.

Annoyed we didn't beat them now :colonhash:

If games go as expected it'll be:

1) Man City - 18
2) Spurs - 17
3) Arsenal - 16
4) Liverpool - 16

Top 4 positions at the end of the season? :colondollar:
Original post by Lúcio
Annoyed we didn't beat them now :colonhash:

If games go as expected it'll be:

1) Man City - 18
2) Spurs - 17
3) Arsenal - 16
4) Liverpool - 16

Top 4 positions at the end of the season? :colondollar:

Arsenal will win the league this season. Its wenger's last year at arsenal and they will win it. Football is rigged

Top 4 will be

1.Arsenal
2.Liverpool
3.Man city
4.Spurs

Arsenal will win the league its been planned. The rest of the teams will be battling for the top 4 places.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lúcio
This.
We didn't exactly run out of steam last season - we played the most games out of anybody any still managed to get to 2 cup finals.

We have better/on-form players and a more fluid set-up now that Klopp has asserted his style here.
Like you said, consistency is our enemy.
That being said, Burnley aside I feel like we've been pretty damn consistent so far.
We'll see what happens at the weekend though because Swansea are a much greater challenge than Hull.

Well.. we pulled through on that one, just about. Ill take it.

Onto United, I can see us conceding at least 1 or 2. How? Set pieces, Zlatan, Mignolet/Karius. Just a recipe for diaster.

However hopefully we have enough going forward to outscore them.
Coutinho and Firmino both scoring for Brazil last night.

The former is more and more becoming an important player for Brazil - everytime he plays, he does something for them.
The latter has struggled to be called up so it's great to see him producing when he gets his chance (Coutinho actually assisted his goal too).

Now we just need them to convince Neymar to join :colondollar:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Lúcio
Coutinho and Firmino both scoring for Brazil last night.

The former is more and more becoming an important player for Brazil - everytime he plays, he does something for them.
The latter has struggled to be called up so it's great to see him producing when he gets his chance (Coutinho actually assisted his goal too).

Now we just need them to convince Neymar to join :colondollar:

I think it's more likely that Neymar would be telling Barcelona they need to sign one of these lads.
I think it's more likely that Neymar would be telling Barcelona they need to sign one of these lads.

Pls don't do this :frown:

Allen scored a quality volley for Wales too! He's better than Stoke tbh...
Original post by Lúcio
Pls don't do this :frown:

Allen scored a quality volley for Wales too! He's better than Stoke tbh...

It's good for Allen to be playing week in and out as the best player in a midfield imo. He needs to catch up after missing out a lot of first team football and it will do his reputation a lot of good. At 26, he's still got another big move in him.

On the flip side, I don't think we've missed Allen at all so fair play to Klopp for selling. Lolz at people who were angry Klopp sold Allen and not Henderson.

Ugh I hate international breaks.. depressing that we play Man Utd on a Monday night too so even longer wait than usual.
It's good for Allen to be playing week in and out as the best player in a midfield imo. He needs to catch up after missing out a lot of first team football and it will do his reputation a lot of good. At 26, he's still got another big move in him.

On the flip side, I don't think we've missed Allen at all so fair play to Klopp for selling. Lolz at people who were angry Klopp sold Allen and not Henderson.

Ugh I hate international breaks.. depressing that we play Man Utd on a Monday night too so even longer wait than usual.

Yeah I agree - he's too good to be sitting on the bench but he wasn't good enough to start, so the move was definitely right for him.
Henderson has had a tough time with injury and lack of form but this season he seems to have gotten back to his best.

I'm not bothered about Monday nights, it's just the fact we play after pretty much everyone else so there's added pressure. There's nothing worse than knowing you MUST win to keep up with the rest. Early games are the best - if you win you can sit back and relax, if you lose there's still the chance that rivals will drop points too.
Original post by Lúcio
Yeah I agree - he's too good to be sitting on the bench but he wasn't good enough to start, so the move was definitely right for him.
Henderson has had a tough time with injury and lack of form but this season he seems to have gotten back to his best.

I'm not bothered about Monday nights, it's just the fact we play after pretty much everyone else so there's added pressure. There's nothing worse than knowing you MUST win to keep up with the rest. Early games are the best - if you win you can sit back and relax, if you lose there's still the chance that rivals will drop points too.

Not sure he's what Klopp wanted in any event. Klopp has kept those he wanted and moved on those he didn't want.

I've just got to make sure I can get out of work :colondollar:

I think there's enough pressure with it being against Man Utd so I don't think timing will matter that much. I've convinced myself that we're going to batter them so really looking forward to it :rofl:
Not sure he's what Klopp wanted in any event. Klopp has kept those he wanted and moved on those he didn't want.

I've just got to make sure I can get out of work :colondollar:

I think there's enough pressure with it being against Man Utd so I don't think timing will matter that much. I've convinced myself that we're going to batter them so really looking forward to it :rofl:

Yeah true, I just mean as a player he doesn't deserve to spend his career on a bench. Happy that he's getting time at Stoke but he could probably go better. If he wasn't at Liverpool previously, he wouldn't be a bad player for a side like Everton.

I assume it starts at 8pm? I should be home by then so it's all good.

Well I'm glad you're so confident because all I can see is a scrappy and undeserved 1-0 win for United. I can just see them scoring from a dodgy set piece...
Original post by Lúcio
Yeah true, I just mean as a player he doesn't deserve to spend his career on a bench. Happy that he's getting time at Stoke but he could probably go better. If he wasn't at Liverpool previously, he wouldn't be a bad player for a side like Everton.

Well I'm glad you're so confident because all I can see is a scrappy and undeserved 1-0 win for United. I can just see them scoring from a dodgy set piece...

He probably doesn't deserve to be on thousands of pounds a week whether he's on the pitch or not for 90 minutes a week.. :colondollar:

Yep 8pm. I should be but can never tell with work.

Mourinho will probably play deep and on the counter/set pieces.
Original post by Lúcio

Whenever we play manu in the league they always seem to have the luck on there side.

Honestly speaking if we dont win this game , we wont get top 4. This game is so important lol , confidence etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But allen is still better than wijnaldum
Original post by Think People
Whenever we play manu in the league they always seem to have the luck on there side.

Honestly speaking if we dont win this game , we wont get top 4. This game is so important lol , confidence etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah it's just another 3 points. Klopp has given the side plenty of confidence so I don't think it's an issue.

Original post by nerdling_CompSci
But allen is still better than wijnaldum

Not sure if sarcasm?

Latest